Newmark Knight Frank (NKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently owned offices, NKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents.
Successful candidate will provide technical and operational support in the selection, installation, operation and maintenance of various HVAC, Electrical, Mechanical and other Building Systems in the real estate portfolio. Candidate will establish and update preventive maintenance programs, review new installations and provide troubleshooting of issues at the facilities and will work with the staff to update operating methods to comply with COVID-19 protocols. The candidate will provide assistance as needed to the Facility Management team members in carrying out the implementation of programs required in their day-to-day activities. Works with the utility management group and service partners to identify energy reduction opportunities across the portfolio. Performs inspections, assesses hazards and recommends necessary alterations to engineering operations and environmental process’ for facilities. Oversees & and coordinates Safety & Engineering programs to meet Key Performance Indicators and support the Emergency programs currently in place.
Essential Job Duties:
- Acts as the technical expert for the Repair, Maintenance and Safety functions for a 4M square foot portfolio of Leased office and warehouse space.
- In this role expect to provide troubleshooting of issues, work with vendors on repairs and support the Facility Management staff in improving service delivery.
- Works with Facility staff in formulating operational plans. Helps implement and coordinate energy management, preventative maintenance and safety programs, within the guidelines of industry quality standards, operating objectives and goals established by the company.
- As requested, provides direction and consultation to building operations staff on HVAC, plumbing, electrical, fire, life and safety systems.
- Reviews project plans prior to construction and inspects the construction prior to sign-off to verify that installed systems are operating to design specifications.
- Works with the Real Estate transaction and asset management team to review new locations being considered for lease, or other issues that may arise in the portfolio.
- Responsible for the collection, analysis and reporting of statistical data as requested by management, including utilities & environmental.
- Supports the utility management function, including review of deregulated utility contracts and review and approval of utility invoices/consolidation.
- Assists in facility contract negotiations, scope preparations and bid reviews, with recommendations on engineering and building /construction related contracts or projects.
- Participates and stays current with industry standards and organizations to benefit from their current programs and related issues affecting the industry. Provides feedback and recommendations to Senior Leadership.
- Develops multi-year capital plans for equipment to provide planning information to client. Also identifies opportunities for savings through increased efficiency of operations.
- Tours facilities as requested to inspect fire, life safety, mechanical electrical, plumbing systems, and safety equipment, to identify and correct potential hazards and ensure compliance with operating guidelines and regulations.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required. Mechanical or Electrical preferred
- Minimum of 7-10 years previous Engineering, Facility/Property Management/ Energy Management experience
- Requires strong knowledge of computers and work order software systems including 360Facility
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, drawings, schematics, specifications, codes, and handbooks
- Ability to use various testing devices related to the electrical and mechanical trades
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations, NFPA, NEC, ASHRAE and building codes
- Demonstrated experience in system troubleshooting and solution development
- Experience in coordinating and conducting training/workshops
- Excel and PowerPoint are required skillsets, including Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to handle multiple projects and make decisions, work independently
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with people at both higher and lower levels in the organization
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Ability to work in high stress environment and handle emergencies
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, flexibility, and creativity
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- May perform other duties as assigned
Benefits and Perks:
- Industry leading Parental Leave Policy (up to 16 weeks).
- Generous healthcare.
- Bright Horizons back-up care program.
- Generous paid time off.
- Education reimbursement.
- Referral Program.
- Opportunities to network and connect.
- Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Newmark Knight Frank and the job location.
- Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Newmark Knight Frank and the job location
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Travel Percentage: 25%