Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today’s gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
As part of the IT organization, the EWM Solution Architect will partner with the global Supply Chain community serving their needs in the order fulfillment, distribution, transportation, warehousing, and master data through the enhancement and maintenance of logistics applications.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide day-to-day operational support for all logistics applications including but not limited to SAP ECC, SAP EWM, and TMS systems.
- Working with the development team, implement code changes to resolve production issues in a timely fashion
- Lead or support small to large scale continuous improvement projects in the logistics application areas
- Complete SAP or related system configuration as required to support functional business requirements
- Write and maintain detailed and effective documentation for SAP and development activities
- Collaborate with business and IT teams along with external partners to support implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
- Lead requirements gathering and design sessions with business and IT resources and formalize requirements and gain formal signoff
- Manage projects and initiatives in adherence to Scotts standard Project Management Office (PMO) methodology including financial management practices
- Expertise related to SAP RF frameworks and supporting infrastructure is preferred. This includes the SAP communications layer (ITS Mobile) and wireless network infrastructure as well as experience troubleshooting in this area.
- Complete unit testing and cross-functional integration testing for SAP development items
- Bachelors degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or Management Information Systems
- Minimum 10#43; years of SAP functional experience, with expert knowledge in SAP EWM 9.5
- High competency with Transportation Management Systems
- Technical or functional lead on at least 2 full-lifecycle SAP EWM implementations.
- Architect/Consulting knowledge on best practices and innovative approaches on SAP EWM including but not limited to Task Interleaving, Advance Labor Management, Slotting/Rearrangement, and EWM interface to TMS.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong technical knowledge, with extensive hands-on experience in SAP configuration
- Experience reading, debugging and developing ABAP programs preferred
- Fundamental understanding of SAP Workflow, IDOCs, and EDI message types
- Working knowledge of other SAP module integration points is preferred for this role
- Knowledge of project management concepts and deliverables
- Proficient in technical documentation and functional ABAP specification writing
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.