Applied Materials is an innovation-driven company. Our ability to identify emerging technologies that can enable our customers to overcome their challenges by leveraging Applied Materials’ engineering expertise is critical to our continued growth.
Applied Materials is working on an innovative biotechnology product platform in the area of spatial genomics that involves the development of a high throughput imaging instrument and associated assays. The next phase of product development is focused on enabling our customers’ success by providing software tools and analytics support that aid in the generation of new biological insights.
In this rewarding career opportunity, the Bioinformatics/Technical Marketing Manager will manage customer/collaborator project work to develop useful tools for the analysis of spatial genomics data. More specifically, this role will be the interface between customers and collaborators and the internal product development team related to the development of a suite of bioinformatics products. This requires you to:
- Define the optimal customer-focused workflow for the generation, qualification, and use of spatial genomics data sets;
- Process spatial genomics data to support customer project work using Applied software tools and pipelines;
- Lead customer interactions to present and train customers on the use of Applied software and tools;
- Develop and manage joint data sharing and analytics projects to promote Applied’s spatial genomics assays and associated software & analytical tools;
- Ensure customer/collaborator delight through continuous improvement of the customer experience and by working with the team leaders in product development to meet or exceed customer response and issue resolution times;
- Provide customer/collaborator feedback to the product development team, such as software pipeline performance with customer samples, as well as more broadly to inform on the product development roadmap;
- Identify key informatic bottlenecks that need to be addressed by the software engineering team.Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
This position requires a minimum five (5) years of experience in a commercial biotech company, including analyzing data from Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), DNA microarray, or cell/tissue imaging technology.
Customer-facing experience and familiarity with sales-driven customer engagement processes; experience with drug discovery and development, especially in oncology applications; and experience in managing joint development or collaboration projects is a plus.
- Minimum MS in Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or graduate-level studies in related discipline.
- Experience in data science and programming using Matlab, Bioconductor/R, Python and C++.
- Strong fundamental understanding of NGS and applications.
- Proactive, positive approach to getting things done, including the ability to work independently to achieve outcomes.
- Project management - skill and experience developing timelines for projects and tracking projects, including actively managing customer expectations in a dynamic product development environment.
- Experience working in a matrixed environment and the ability to manage the needs of multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Outstanding problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent written and verbal English communication skills
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
Education:Master's Degree: Molecular Biology
Years of Experience:
Travel:Yes, 25% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
- Employee Referral Program
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Stock Options
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off
Technical Marketing Engineer