We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WSFA 12 News is the dominant television and digital media station in Montgomery, Alabama. For over 65 years WSFA 12 News has served a 15-county DMA and is Central and South Alabama’s most trusted source for news and weather information.
WSFA has an immediate, full-time opening for a Technical Media Producer. Technical Media Producers will work in WSFA's state-of-the-art media control center and are responsible for directing both live and pre-recorded productions, as well as processing content on three other stations and wsfa.com. This is an opportunity to build your career in the constantly evolving television industry while refining your own skills with cutting edge technology.
• Work alongside news producers and others on our news team to create, code, and direct dynamic, fast-paced, top-rated newscasts and programming
• Coordinate live acquisition of reporters and news video utilizing ENG and IP-based video transmission platforms
• Design compelling and engaging graphics and visual elements to help our journalists communicate their stories
• Monitor on-air signals, ingest daily programming and commercials, and operate the Master Control automation system
• Be responsible for regular care and maintenance of equipment and studio, including lighting, cameras, and sets
• Occasional operation of studio teleprompter, floor directing, and various other duties as assigned will be required
• The successful candidate will be creative, extremely detail-oriented and have very strong problem-solving, multi-tasking, and communication skills
• Positive and professional attitude in a fast-paced, dynamic, and high stress environment under deadline pressure
• Able to work well with a team and equally comfortable working individually
• Flexible to work mornings, nights, weekends, out-of-town assignments, and changing schedules
• Able to sit and stand for extended periods of time. Able to climb and work on ladders and comfortably lift 30 pounds or more
• Computer literacy is a must
• Strong grasp of visual design, grammar, and spelling
• Experience with HD video production, Ross Overdrive, VizRT Graphics, DBi Master Control Automation, ENPS, and non-linear editing systems is a plus
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and attach resume.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.