The Technical Operations Supervisor or “Corotech Supervisor” is responsible for the daily operations of the Corotech team ensuring the manpower is planned and scheduled to effectively address the commercial client’s needs. The position will be based in the Orange County office, however the position would be responsible for tech projects and accounts in both the OC/LA and San Diego locations. Corotech is Corovan’s technology relocation division which includes computer and peripheral disconnect and reconnect as well as server relocations and cabling. This division provides customers more time to focus on the most critical tasks during a relocation project.
This role includes hiring and management of technicians who provide help desk and ad-hoc support/trouble shooting for end users. The Corotech Supervisor evaluates the needs of clients to estimate and allocate resources and ensure timely support for technology projects. The position provides supervision and communication of job expectations, ensuring our teams are delivering quality Corotech services.
Corotech Supervisor may also be required to run large O&I projects, apart from tech jobs where moving services only are required. Therefore the Corotech Supervisor needs to be fully qualified as a move PM and have successfully passed all COVU Classes up to PM III.
This is a full-time position, with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week. The working hours are flexible and employees may be required to work late evenings or weekends depending on the business needs.
- Sets daily work assignments with dispatch and operations manager.
- Project manages the Corotech jobs in the South
- Supervises Corotech crews as required to perform a quality job for the customer
- Manages moves and install projects (that have Corotech work) to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Completes all paperwork accurately and neatly and turns into operations daily
- Grow and build our Corotech division in SoCal by working with Sales and Operations.
- Actively visit customers with Sales staff to help sell/promote Corotech and Corotrak services.
- Job Description - Technical Operations Supervisor, Corotech
- Assists with producing Corotech pricing & proposals as requested by Sales
- Provides Corotech and Corotrak demonstrations for customers as needed.
- Contribute and/or write the Corovan University training for Corotech.
- Provide training for current operations staff and Sales staff
- Assists with writing Corotech procedures & policies.
- Recruits, Hires, Trains & Disciplines crews in COV Policies & Procedures, proper handling and safety techniques.
- Recruit & Manage 3rd party vendor relationships for tech help.
- Coordinate 3rd Party services and approves invoices.
- Must follow uniform guidelines when at a job site and when meeting with clients.
- Performs work with quality, efficiency and safety at all times.
- Manages multiple priorities and prioritization of work for others.
- Local travel, evenings and weekend work is required.
- This is a work on site job, not available for work from home duties.
- All other duties as assigned based on business needs.
- Must have successfully passed all COVU Classes up to PM III and all Corotech Classes.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years experience in technology, management, sales and/or customer service or equivalent
- 2 years operations and/or project management experience
- Strong knowledge about computer hardware, software, cabling, servers, systems, applications of both PCs and MACs.
- Associate’s Degree in Information Technology or Business Administration or equivalent
- Written and verbal proficiency in English and Spanish
- A+ certification
- Ability to do technology troubleshooting, and analyzing information.
- Exercise good judgment in making decisions.
- Leadership and or supervisory skills to manage a team.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional client/customer service skills, equipment maintenance, ability to report work related issues to management, must maintain confidentiality, quality focus, results driven, supply management, ability to multitask, attention to detail and good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a valid California driver license. Must be able to be approved by the company insurance carrier to drive.
- Must be familiar with the office & installation move process and understand the move labeling and directional signage thoroughly.
- Good understanding of server equipment; is highly knowledgeable of server racking and unracking.
100% travel to various job sites and customer locations. Must be able to commute daily to the customer site.
Corovan in Orange County and Poway.
Pay & Benefits
- Competitive base salary based on experience
- Flexible work schedule
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Paid Sick Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus & Contest Reward Program
- Safety Reward Program
- Corovan University continuous learning and career development training.
- Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance and Voluntary Supplemental Insurance eligibility is evaluated regularly. Eligibility is based on hours worked. Employee must maintain a consistent average work schedule of 30+ hours per week.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Depending on the assignment, employee may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations, or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights if computer equipment, tools of 10-50 pounds. Ability to push, pull, lift and carry furniture up to 75 pounds. Employee requires to have good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information.