Who we are
Virgin Galactic www.VirginGalactic.com is on track to become the world’s first publicly funded commercial space line. It is dedicated to becoming a world leader in sub-orbital commercial space tourism with a longer term vision to develop other space technologies that have the potential to open space to significantly more people and users. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver and can make things happen - apply today!
Virgin Galactic and the greater Virgin Organization has a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Company culture is such that you need to be able to “check your ego at the door”, be a self-starter and possess a sense of humility. You will work well under commercial pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have a high level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.
Who You Are:
Virgin Galactic (VG) is seeking a Technical Operations Trainer. This position is responsible for assisting with designing, developing, presenting, coordinating and implementing the curriculum/ training and OJT programs for technical operations team members in accordance with technical specifications, engineering documentation, and OEM documentation. The candidate must have a desire to learn something new, enthusiasm for the new space industry, and be able to mix existing aerospace experience with spaceline maintenance training support. This role will be located in Las Cruces, New Mexico. Daily work will take place at Spaceport America in New Mexico. Applying candidates must be willing to relocate to Las Cruces, New Mexico in order to qualify for this role.
- Develops and implement training schedules, recurrent training requirements and qualification standards.
- Assist with revising/editing lesson plans and training material to meet new training requirements and to keep technical information up to date
- Assist with classroom training and OJT programs
- Assist with new hire in-processing
- Input/maintain personnel training records in the MRO Software
- Track personnel currency in the MRO Software
- Assist in the development and implementation of the MRO software program
- Assist in the development of the technical publications
- Assist in the design and development of the maintenance training rigs
- Share your working knowledge and experience with training software, training records software with the Training Team
* The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
What you bring
- Minimum 4 years of college level education OR,
- minimum of 2 years of college experience with 4 years of military/aerospace or aviation experience
- Must have valid A&P license with minimum of 1 year of classroom instruction experience is required
- Must have a valid passport and able to obtain a driver’s license
- Must be familiar with procedures applicable to the various phases of maintenance
- Must display maturity of action and judgment
- Must be able to work under pressure and fast paced environment
- Good communication, organization, planning and training skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Willing to travel 25% - 30% and be on-call when needed.
- Must be able to obtain an AOA badge
- Applicants must be “U.S. Persons” as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Line maintenance experience preferred.
- Composites training facilitation and or development a plus
- Working knowledge of SCORM and ADDIE
- Knowledge of AR/VR training technologies
- Experience on narrow body and/or business jet aircraft preferred
Physical and/or Additional Requirements
- Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime as well as weekends when needed
- Must be able to stand for extended periods - 9 hours min.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and be able to maneuver in tight spaces
- Physically able to handle items weighing up to 40 lbs (unassisted)
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.