The Expedia Lodging Platform team is the business powerhouse for the Expedia group and contributes the largest share of our company’s revenue. The Lodging Platform teams power two main lines of business, Lodging Shopping and Lodging Supply, and covers over ten major Product areas. Our Lodging Platform operations are global, with representation in 8 countries and 17 offices. Our platforms are unique, supporting multiple Expedia group brands - Brand Expedia Group; including Brand Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Wotif and ebookers; and our sister brands Hotels.com, Expedia Affiliate Network, trivago and most recently HomeAway.
What about Lodging Technology?
Our teams have flexibility to make the technology choices that best provide customer value to partners. As a member of the team, you’ll be involved in these choices. As an example, most teams build RESTful services, typically with simple APIs using JSON. These are usually built on the JVM with Java but some pick Scala, Clojure and Kotlin. Some teams use node.js. Many teams are decomposing their services into micro-systems to make things easier to maintain and continually deploy. When appropriate, teams build event-driven, streaming architectures and we also have teams working on front-end solutions, generally using React.js. Your team will be cloud-native or moving enthusiastically to AWS. We organize for feature velocity, so wherever appropriate, our teams use AWS services like Lambda, Kinesis, ElastiCache, Aurora, DynamoDB and of course EC2, ECS and S3. To further help speed things up, you’ll look to build on top of open source systems and libraries like Redis, GRPC, Akka, Cassandra, and MongoDB.
The question is; Do you believe in being Different, can you Lead Humbly, act as One Team, leverage the Scientific Method, Organize for Speed while remaining Transparent?
If you answered yes, apply here!
Brand Specific Description:
At Expedia, you will contribute to our ongoing dedication to foster a healthy, collaborative, and value-driven development environment. As a TPM, you humbly lead complex projects and deliver simple solutions. You will drive and contribute to medium to large-scale development schedules and road-maps from design to release, making appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-market and clearly communicating goals. Our team is looking for high-energy, creative problem solvers to join our technology team. In this role you will be at the forefront of bringing technology and business together to revolutionize the world of travel - inventing ideas and technologies. We are a team of travel loving engineers building products for our consumers and vendor partners. Does this sound like your next adventure?
What you will do:
- You will own technical product delivery for multi-functional projects for multiple delivery teams while driving team velocity.
- You will collaborate across UX teams, product teams, technical partners, development teams, and other business partners to understand and document business requirements and design innovative technical solutions that create customer value.
- You will handle communication and relationships with partners impacted by the program or feature being implemented.
- Excellent project management skills, including active mitigation of risks to scope and schedule, status updates to various teams, management of trade-offs to drive satisfactory completion of product/project, and facilitation of planning and governance activities with team.
- You will seek and implement continuous improvements into all project processes, including defining the appropriate methodology to motivate teams and track progress.
- You will cultivate a collaborative team environment, setting an example for other TPMs and delivery teams.
Who you are:
- At least 3+ years experience as a Technical Product Manager and 5+ years of experience in a technical domain
- Delivery of a minimum of 1-2 large, multi-functional products/projects
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent professional experience
- You bring relevant experience building project plans, requirements specifications and performing data analysis
- Solid experience delivering production features with multi-functional partner teams
- Ability to gather and turn business requirements into user stories, epics and technical requirements and drive discussions among multiple business and technical teams to scope.
- You have solid experience with CI/CD framework and related tools, cloud computing, traffic management and analysis, project management tools, web technologies and SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) highly desired
- You have demonstrated experience collaborating with Developers, Technical Product Managers, UX Designers, Product Managers and business partners from broad cross sections of organizations.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.