The Technical Product Specialist is responsible for providing timely and accurate, product and imaging support to US domestic sales associates and distributors across Zimmer Biomet product lines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide technical and sales support for US sales associates and distributors via telephone, text message, and e-mail. Support may include recommendations on product options based on knowledge of Zimmer Biomet’s range of products and surgical techniques. At times, this analysis and recommendation may be connected to an ongoing surgery.
• Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of Zimmer Biomet’s orthopedic, trauma, biologic and sports medicine divisions’ new, current and historical products, instruments and surgical techniques.
• Analyze input from Sales team to recommend product applications in a given case. Input may include analysis of x-rays, MRI, CT or other data in connection with a surgery.
• Provide timely and consistent feedback and analysis to Regulatory, Compliance, Legal, Sales Education, Product Marketing & Development Engineering departments on topics including but not limited to: potential product defects, instrument problems, and product educational needs of Zimmer Biomet’s sales force.
• Work alongside product managers and development engineers during all stages of the product life cycle.
Expected Areas of Competence
• Requires ability to adapt to customer, organizational, business and external influences with integrity, immediate consideration, and action to meet business objectives.
• Must have strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Confidence with phone consultation and relaying technical information over the phone
• Requires strong organizational & interpersonal skills and a collaborative decision-making/work style.
• Ability to influence others and to handle increasing levels of responsibility
• Experience in using AS400, XA, and other computer software systems is preferred
• Bachelor’s degree required
• RT and CT/MR Technologist Certification preferred.
• 2-5 years related experience required; preferred experience with patient imaging.
• Medical Device industry experience preferred in either a product development engineering or marketing position, preferably both. General knowledge of anatomy, physiology and biomechanics of the human body is preferred.
less than 10%