TestOut Corporation of Pleasant Grove, UT is seeking a talented and passionate full-time Technical Product Trainer to work directly with our new and existing customers. If you want to:
- Provide feature/configuration product training to become acquainted with and proficient in the LabSim software interface
- Provide implementation training, including fundamental strategies for student, instructor and program success while using TestOut's IT or Office product line
- Assist new customers with the fundamental questions of:
- How do I use TestOut in the classroom?
- How do I score the labs or videos?
- How do other instructors achieve success when using TestOut?
You may be perfect for this position!
We offer a competitive salary based on experience plus excellent benefits that include paid time off and holiday pay, 100% company-paid health and dental insurance, life insurance, and short-term and long-term disability insurance. If this sounds like the great opportunity you've been looking for, apply today!
ABOUT TESTOUT CORPORATION
TestOut Corporation, our mission is to make a difference in a person's life through education using breakthrough technology. We are in the business of selling hope. We work with academic and corporate institutions all over the US and abroad. Through our software training technology, LabSim, a student with little to no IT knowledge can "test out" and master real-world IT scenarios that can open doors to a job, career advancement, and a better life.
For six years running, TestOut has been voted "Best Company to Work For" by Utah Business Magazine through employee surveys. We have created a casual business environment with company employee events as well as company family events. Our CEO cares about each employee and shows it through competitive compensation and great benefits. Come join our information technology team today!
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS A TECHNICAL PRODUCT TRAINER
As a Technical Product Trainer, you will work with existing customers, building relationships, and ensuring customer satisfaction. The primary responsibilities of the Technical Product Trainer include:
- Conduct feature/configuration product training sessions, virtually and occasionally face-to-face
- Provide specific implementation training with fundamental strategies and product configuration per program requirements (such as passing certification exams, gaining hands-on skills, increasing proficiency, etc.)
- Develop training resources/tools for the Implementation activities, including Lesson Plans, Course Learning Outcomes, Training Course Outlines, and so forth
- For new instructors, "meet them where they are" to provide answers and assistance, regardless of their understanding of our software, subject matter expertise, online aptitude, etc.
- Conduct a follow up protocol after product training to ensure customer understanding and use of LabSim
- Provide ongoing mentoring (via semi-annual or annual) follow-up interactions, including covering value-add features of our product that might not be immediately implemented
- Reduce the customer's time to train employers/instructors and the apprehension of switching vendors
- Develop LabSim feature/configuration resources (as seen on support.testout.com)
- Respond in a timely manner to customer emails and phone calls, and help resolve problems
Required experience and attributes:
- 2 years of coaching training professionals (academic preferred) on facilitation skills in Instructor-Led Training, preferably with experience in coaching training specialists using virtual meeting software (GoToMeeting, Zoom, Adobe Connect)
- 2 years of Training in a structured classroom training environment facilitating, designing, coordinating, and executing training courses.
- 2 years of Training resource development (Lesson Plans, Course Learning Outcomes, Training Course Outlines, and so forth)
- Experience coordinating and tracking training through a Learning Management System (or similar software)
- Experience coordinating and tracking training ticket requests through HubSpot, Salesforce, or similar software
- Demonstrated understanding of instructional design methodologies
Desired Skills and Abilities include:
- Classroom, remote and/or lecture experience with TestOut's IT or Office product line
- Strong customer service skills and ability to create a positive experience when working with all types of people
- Highly organized with the ability to get things done efficiently
- Strong written and oral communication ability
- Attention to detail
- Enjoy being a team player
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR PRODUCT TRAINING TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!