Title: Technical Program Analyst
Location: Richfield, MN
Duration: 6 months
The client is looking for a Business Analyst (a.k.a. Technical Program Analyst) to join the mobile app service and membership experience team to solve complex technical problems and deliver solutions that support the end-to-end service and membership experience to customers for the mobile app. These solutions will be key to driving customer relationship for our overall business. You’ll partner closely with various product teams, engineering, business, user experience and other cross functional groups. You’ll build features and experiences for business programs that will increase the value proposition of the app. You’ll need to use data to make data informed decisions to drive and influence the work of your partners.
What are the top five skills and number of years of experience required to perform this job?
· 5+ years of experience in one more of the following areas: application management, software engineering, and iterative/agile methodology.
· 3+ years of experience in defining, creating and integrating high scale, large volume and reliable applications.
· Full life-cycle product development experience (from vision to production).
· Experience building partnerships with senior leaders across a variety of groups throughout the enterprise is essential.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. The ability scope technical requirements, and effectively prioritize program deliverables.
Areas of ownership and impact
· Delivery Solutions and Technical Processes
· Partner with architecture group to deliver solution blueprints and other UML-based design documentation
· Enforce processes around development methodologies including continuous integration, static code analysis, test coverage to improve engineering efficiency.
· Own and drive the life cycle management of our technical inventory (e.g. servers, DBs, storage, patches, upgrades, technology components)
· Review and approve functional specifications created by delivery project teams
· Maintain solution integrity through the course of the project including controlling scope, managing solutions for change requests and clarifying solution capabilities during all delivery phases.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate technical decisions (and their trade-offs) to business and technical partners.
· Provide technical validation and impact insights to the product planning, estimates and delivery outcomes.
· Actively engaged in collaboration, research and analysis, of emerging business domain and technical trends.
· Keep key Stakeholder up-to-date on technology trends within the industry.
The impact you will have
· Influence without authority in all directions (including officer-level).
· Drive new business solutions to support the eCommerce business.
· Align technical program solutions with intended Business objectives.
What are some preferred/nice to have skills the manager is looking for?
· Bachelor’s degree or higher.
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
· 5+ years of experience gathering business needs and creating into workable plans.
· 5+ of experience with eCommerce technologies and processes.
· 3+ years of experience partnering with infrastructure and networking teams to define requirements for
· Continuous integration development methodology with strong command of version management
· Must be detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and deliver.
· The ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise, and to work with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· Experience with on-shore and off-shore software engineering teams.
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
Technical Program Manager