Project Manager - Infrastructure (2 openings, 2 subs)
3 month contract to hire
Eden Prairie or Plymouth, MN
$99 Bill Rate ($105k C2H)
What is the specific title of the position?
Business Integration and Technology Services Sr Tech Proj Mgr
What Project/Projects will the candidate be working on while on assignment?
Enterprise Connectivity Integrations and Pathfinder installs for acquired entities. Work with newly acquired business partners, to accomplish the high level tasks below:
a. Business Partner (BP) network discovery
b. In conjungtion with cross function teams, develop network integration design
c. Coordinate the installation of the Optum standard network at the BPs sites
d. Coordinate the transition from the BPs network to the new Optum network
SOFT SKILLS: Verbal and Written Communication, willingness to take on challenges, good organizational skills and good documentation skills.
IDEAL BACKGROUND: Not healthcare specific. This is technical PM position. Ideally, the candidate has PM experience, but also has networking equipment experience, we use the Cisco platform. If they have a CCNA or BICSI experience/certs would be great.
*** What experience will set candidates apart from one another?
Network Infrastructure, also Agile, Kanban and SharePoint.
Is this person a sole contributor or part of a team?
What are the top 5-10 responsibilities for this position? (Please be detailed as to what the candidate is expected to do or complete on a daily basis)
• Overall accountability for project execution for assigned projects within the Optum Technology IT Group for Network Services.
• Drive deliverables to meet project deadlines / milestones.
• Track and update project plans and documentation.
• Identify and report issues with the project. Mitigate identified issues.
• Engage resources (management, service vendors, business segment leads, etc.) for project assignments.
• Single point of contact for all project IT vendors/providers.
• Determine requirements through interface with customer, corporate real estate and adherence to corporate standards.
• Create and submit engagement documentation for voice/data network, cabling, and server infrastructure.
• Interface with construction trades as necessary to ensure MDF/IDF construction to UHG design standards.
• Document weekly status reports including project progress, key milestones, tasks accomplished, etc. Host weekly status call with project team.
• Work within Optum Technology IT Group processes for equipment and services procurement.
• Perform Optum Technology IT Group’s change management procedures to create, submit, and coordinate various change requests associated with Optum Technology IT Group Network Services current and future projects.
• Work with Optum Technology IT Group data/voice/security/server engineers to determine equipment and circuit equipment specifications.
• Work with supply chain management for equipment and circuit orders.
• Coordinate voice/data/security network equipment, servers, printers, and cable installation to ensure project deadlines are met, adhering to published lead times and standards.
• Coordinate and consolidate various remote site activities, i.e. site surveys, vendor scheduling, site contact reviews, and follow-up coordination for installation of infrastructure related activities (racks, power, cabling, circuits, etc).
• Document and validate operational readiness hand-off to monitoring and management teams.
What skills/attributes are a must have?
• 3 - 5 years project management experience in data network deployment.
• Hands on experience with large network rollout deployment activities.
• Demonstrated success leading complex network initiatives in a matrixed organization.
• Demonstrated strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
What skills/attributes are a nice to have?
• Experience with wireless LAN installations and deployments.
• Willingness to take ownership and be accountable for delivery of services to the business partner.
• Background in fundamental voice and data network technologies (e.g., LAN/WAN, network routing protocols, IPT, IVR).
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178