Henry Schein ONE delivers connected dental software and services, combined with expert business coaching, to help practices improve every aspect of practice management and grow profits. Our platform for integrated applications lets dental technology connect, share data and automate more tasks, creating a new digital workflow that helps teams work smarter and more efficiently. Our advanced integration improves each stage of the patient experience – from first contact and scheduling, to delivery of treatment and recurring care. Henry Schein ONE unifies market-leading software, web tools, support, and patient services into the one platform that is a standard for connecting all practice dental technology.
This position is responsible for leading technical special project teams in support of large government customer implementations and ongoing operations. Work closely with the Supportability and Development teams by reporting, managing, and monitoring product defects that have been identified from these special projects, as well as attending necessary meetings and acting as the voice of the customer and internal support groups.
- Accept assignments to key projects and initiatives and serve as the technical lead for those projects.
- Coordinate and manage project work with project management and team members from within the company and from partner and customer project team members.
- Attend all special project team meetings, troubleshooting calls and testing or defect resolution calls as needed.
- Lead technical issue resolution efforts through developing and editing appropriate scripts and technical updates and through coordination of that work with other technical specialists.
- Document in TFS all product defects found in the product during project teamwork for issues being sent to Development, with steps to duplicate, an appropriate ranking, and assigned to the proper development team members.
- Coordinate with Development through defect resolution; monitor and update the status of identified product defects in TFS.
- Submit and edit knowledgebase articles on a regular basis to update customer and team member education. Work with special project team members to develop required documentation as needed.
- Attend supportability meetings, acting as the voice of the customer and internal support technicians.
- Test or run any fix/utility made available to resolve database or product issues.
- Serve as a source of knowledge for TSMs looking for guidance in assisting our customers.
- Plan and lead regular mentor/resource and project team meetings.
- Ensure knowledge is kept up to date with new and upcoming products and technical changes.
- Coordinate and participate in any Beta process for products that fall under the assigned customers and special projects or that may be developed from those special projects.
- Document all Beta product related conversations, steps, action taken, as well as results and resolutions obtained throughout each call.
- Answer questions from project resources and support technicians regarding information on the reported product defects, workarounds, and new features, and products in Beta.
- Submit and edit special documentation and/or knowledge base articles pertaining to Beta products to ensure information is available to the team when the product is released.
- Ensure all implementation resources and support technicians are properly trained and ready to support each new product prior to its release.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
Typically 3 to 5 or more years of increasing responsibility in terms of any applicable professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Good understanding of industry practices
- Proficient with tools, systems, and procedures
- Basic planning/organizational skills and techniques
- Good decision making, analysis and problem solving skills with ability to multi-task
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good presentation and public speaking skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Basic conflict resolution skills
- Developing professional credibility
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Technical proficiency in various network and hardware configuration, SQL, and communication protocols highly preferred.
- Serve as a leader to the special project teams, by conducting meetings and coordinating responses to project issues.
- Continue to develop ability to use provided support tools, learn effective troubleshooting techniques, and increase product knowledge.
- Manage assigned issues, including high-level escalations, for multiple products and customers as needed.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Understanding of Citrix, SQL, and Enterprise solutions preferred.
- Understanding of interface solutions such as HL7 and FHIR preferred.
FULL-TIME BENEFITS AVAILABLE:
- Earn generous PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Seven Company Paid holidays
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with competitive company match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, AD&D
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at:www.henryschein.com/careers.