Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 6,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
This position will be a member of the Mobile Automation Onboard Software team. The project team consists of a global group of engineers and technical leaders located in Europe and North America, focused on the development of onboard software that controls the movement of Automated Guided Vehicles.
This position will facilitate a co-located software team. This individual will work closely with a dynamic leadership team including other Scrum Masters, Product Managers, Product Owners, Developers, and Engineers. The position will support the Scrum Teams in the delivery and execution of committed goals, as well as coaching the team on industry-standard Agile processes and ideas.
- Ensure scrum teams are focused on the highest priority item set by the Product Owner and product owner agent at all times.
- Facilitate industry-standard Agile practices and ceremonies, including the Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Backlog Refinement, and Retrospectives.
- Engage the team in Backlog Estimation exercises that engage the team in identifying possible risks, communicate with each other, and create accountability.
- Empower team members to own effort and initiatives within their teams through self-organization.
- Support the use of JIRA and Confluence by adhering to standard work guidelines.
- Remove impediments from the team or guide the team on the right path to remove impediments in order to enable the team to reach their goals.
- Work effectively in a geographically diverse Scrum team.
- Support the Product Owner(s) in creation and maintenance of the Product Backlog, including assisting in developing Epics, User Stories, and tasks.
- Coach the Product Owner(s) on Agile processes and behaviors as needed.
- Hold the team(s) accountable to their internal processes, like the team Definition of Done, as well as any relevant organizational standard.
- Execute on behaviors of servant-based leadership that garner strong relationships within and outside of the Scrum team.
- Bring a positive, engaging energy and an action-oriented mentality to the team.
- Co-ordinate with other Scrum Masters and Scrum teams as needed to execute initiatives that involve multiple Scrum teams.
- Understands Organization and Product strategies, and helps communicate those to the team.
- Promote continued processes improvement for own teams and mobile automation as a whole.
- Understanding of the Agile framework and principles.
- Highly customer focused. Able to understand the customer(s) point of view and how that guides the project or product’s scope and needs.
- The ability to effectively communicate to a variety of global audiences including Scrum teams, internal and external stakeholders, Product Management teams, and Agile peers.
- Ability to guide the team on applying the Scrum processes that works for them while adhering to the Agile Principles laid out in the Agile Manifesto.
- CSM and CSPO preferred.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of iterative development.
- Strong facilitation and conflict resolution skills.
- Travel – Up To 25% (including International)