The technical lead coordinates the technical aspects of your implementation, including hardware, processes and decisions, technical testing, and the project plan.
- Ensuring that technical requirements and tasks are understood, clearly communicated, and executed on time
- Updating technical and interface project plans, technical trackers, and other work plans
- Participating in core project leadership discussions and decisions
- Acting as a liaison between the technical team and the application team
- Ensuring that technical staffing levels are maintained and training and certification requirements are met
- Maintaining close communication with the Epic technical coordinator, technical manager, and system representatives
- Coordinating production and non-production hardware and software support for your Epic infrastructure including servers, network, storage, backup, operating systems, virtualization platforms, and desktop devices
- Tracking technical integration issues and coordinating issue resolution
- Ensuring that the systems teams provides routine system monitoring and that issues are mitigated
- Leading infrastructure capacity planning and monitoring activities
- Assessing and procuring Caché and third party licenses as needed
- Working with application and technical teams and project and organization leadership to develop, document, and test downtime and recovery processes
- This role is ideally filled by someone who is organized, a strong communicator, strong in project management, and has a technical background with a general understanding of the technical infrastructure and staff, including servers, storage, network, and desktop support teams.
- Training and certification
- Understanding of Epic Implementation requirements. Experience in the technical implementation of different Epic implementations.
- Bachelors in Science required.
- At least 3 years involvement in Epic implementations or operational history in a complex healthcare organization.