We are looking for a Technical Project Manager on behalf of our client, Fidelity Investments. This position is based in Merrimack, NH.
The project manager is responsible for managing technology development projects for Fidelity Technology, supporting our business partners.
- Partner with business and technology representatives in establishing project teams and providing overall direction for the technology development components of projects from initiation through to production installation.
- Manage project teams consisting of members from multiple groups and locations.
- Perform project estimation, budget management, formulate project scope and delivery strategies, establish milestones/schedules, maintain & report project status, and monitor progress of all team members.
- Manage one or more complex technology projects, or one large technology program.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS (technology related discipline is a plus)
- 4-5 years of technology project management experience with software development
- Formal project life-cycle methodology experience (Waterfall and Agile)
Skills and Knowledge
- Financial services industry knowledge and brokerage knowledge is ideal
- Strong project and team leadership skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Solid Systems analysis skills
- Proven influence and negotiation skills
- Strong presentation skills; written & verbal communication
- Effective problem solving and risk management skills
- Demonstrated self-starter that is comfortable working in an independent environment
Technologies / Tools
- Languages: COBOL, Java, HTML, .NET
- Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2
- Platforms: UNIX, Windows
- Tools: Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project, Outlook, Visio, SharePoint
- Business Intelligence Tools: Business Objects, Brio, WebFOCUS, Oracle BI