American Express Travel Related Services seeks a Technical Project Manager as we embark on an exciting transformation driven by energetic high performing engineering team. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative travel products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team!
You will be part of a fast-paced entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world class card member experiences across multiple travel booking channels (Click-in and Call-in) in Consumer Travel Technology. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers across the globe.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drives integrated teams to deliver technology solutions in support of key product initiatives by working closely with product owners, architects, engineers, and quality assurance
- Engages with stakeholders to understand business needs and identify appropriate solutions
- Involved in create multiple levels of agile planning artifacts starting product road maps, releases plan, sprint plan and responsible for driving the execution against the plans
- Coordinates execution of development projects from initiation through release, utilizing SDLC methodologies and leveraging Agile/Scrum concepts
- Works within and across business units to prioritize, plan, and execute the development schedule for major product releases
- Adopts SDLC methods, Agile values, principles, and practices. Maintain dependency plan between planned sprints; organize and facilitate daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint and ensures that the team is continuously learning from the past.
- Manages and tracks team velocity, financials, and other KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports
- Assigns development resources to activities and monitors performance across resource channels
- Maintains dependency plan between planned sprints across engineering, infrastructure, and third-parties
- Manages and appropriately escalates delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the product development initiatives
- Is hands on and reviews of product backlog, designs, code, test scripts and results in addressing delivery impediments or product quality issues.
- Tracks iteration progress, contributes to design discussions and issue resolution, and removes obstacles to ensure iteration commitments are met.
- Be a change agent, technology evangelist, and innovator to identify and introduce new tools and technologies beyond the obvious for continuous improvement
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- 6+ years of project management experience in an agile environment and bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering or other technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- Good experience with Agile(Scrum), Rally, Jira, Confluence, Kanban
- Experience managing project budgets and reporting while ensuring compliance with SDLC
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate across third parties and technical and business product managers
- Ability to get industry leading solutions to market efficiently and effectively
- Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity/under-defined problems, advocating for simplification, and influencing teams
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in how fast they develop working software
- CSM certification or equivalent is must
- PMI Certification is a plus
- Experience using Rally agile delivery management platform is a plus
- Travel industry experience and/or domain expertize would be a huge plus