Our client is looking for a Technical Project Manager to join their team. The Technical Project Manager will develop and manage technical projects through all phases of the life cycle, including relationship building, requirements gathering, planning, management, testing and implementation. They will lead assigned project team(s) to ensure its members are prepared to achieve success. They will also work to continuously improve project and program management framework, processes, tools and standards necessary to deliver high quality projects on time.
- Supervise the daily responsibilities for the assigned project team including regular meetings, directing efforts, conflict resolution, clearing roadblocks, and providing leadership to keep teams motivated and maintain project momentum.
- Manage the overall coordination of software and systems development projects, from planning through implementation relying on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Review, approve, and accept completed projects and ensure that projects conform to requirements specifications, industry best practices, and company standards.
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to identify requirements for custom applications.
- Work with stakeholders to define and set project scope, priorities, deadlines and deliverable schedules.
- Manages and monitors project timelines and budgets.
- Documents and communicates project milestones, open issues, decisions and risks.
- Communicates effectively in writing and verbally to various internal and external groups.
- Develops reports and documentation for applications and systems.
- Coordinates project deployment/implementation activities and documentation.
- Contributes to problem identification and potential solutions.
- Manages the development of both IT and non-IT related systems and projects.
- The person needs to have experience with managing a website redo, mobile application development and/or a point of sales system as well as projects outside of the IT world.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Capable of remaining calm and using good judgment in elevating situations.
- Diplomacy with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task and deal with many projects in various stages of negotiation, design, construction, and post-construction.
- Supervisory/team building/mentoring experience a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Organized with strong attention to detail and ability to exercise judgment and discretion in maintaining confidential and sensitive information.