MetroStar Systems is looking for a Technical Project Manager that is passionate about delivering positive project outcomes in a dynamic operational environment. If you want to join a company that values excellent communicators and coordinators and are open to commuting to Washington, DC we want you to work for MetroStar!
Our customer’s Digital Strategy and Planning team is responsible for executing technical projects using agile and waterfall methodologies to deliver software products, SharePoint site enhancements and infrastructure modernizations to the Executive Secretariat at the Department of State. We work with a full range of IT support specialists across all support tiers including software developers, systems engineers, and business analysts to deliver on our customer’s goal of driving innovation within the Department of State. Come be a game changer and join our team!
You're a great fit if:
- You use Jira to track project requirements and tasks
- You like organizing technical teams working on multiple operational priorities
- You enjoy serving as a point of contact on key tasks and delivering regular reporting on work in progress
- You're passionate about maximizing efficiency of technical project execution
You'll love our Technical Project Manager position if:
(This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- You have minimum of 5 years of experience managing technical projects
- You know how to tailor reporting and communication on in-flight projects to both technical and executive audiences
- You understand the importance of working with all stakeholders to ensure that project schedules and scope are realistic and achievable
- You have a Bachelor's Degree and an active Secret clearance
We'll REALLY love you if:
(This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
- You have an agile project management certification such as CSM, or SAFe
- You have a PMP certification
- You have knowledge of custom SharePoint and .Net application delivery
What your day will look like:
- You'll work with government functional leads and technical project teams to do allocate resources for active projects
- You'll also provide regular reporting and communications on active projects
- You'll provide day-to-day support of PMO team objectives, such as analysis to recommend enhancements to the team’s standardized project management practices
The Admin Stuff: Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for potential access to classified information. Accordingly, US Citizenship is required
The Legal Stuff: MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.