Technical QA Manager
The Technical QA Manager manages the Quality Assurance (QA) activities relative to the design, development, implementation documentation and compliance of software or software products to meet the needs and specifications of clients. Responsible for planning and directing quality assurance on policies, programs and initiatives. The position reports to the leader of QA & Agile within the Software Development organization. Success in this role will be based upon your interpersonal skills as much as your solid QA skills! Our client is shifting toward even more automated testing and is seeking a Manager who can lead the transformation as well as mentor those on the manual side.
- Responsible for managing QA Test and Software Design in Test Engineer (SDET) personnel.
- Conducts performance evaluations and recommends salary/rate changes when appropriate.
- Confers with other departmental management discussing the planning, reviewing and implementation of technical development policies and procedures to set appropriate standards throughout the department.
- Reviews and evaluates software testing tools and services for applicability to in-house needs.
- Responsible for facilitating the coordination of requirements and test tool strategies, selection, planning, adoption, automation, and implementation initiatives with multiple functional teams as related to the company’s SDLC.
- Devises improvements to current processes and procedures and implements ongoing quality improvement processes working with interdepartmental teams.
- Collaborates with Software Development management to develop and manage the QA department budget and resources.
- Provides vision, leadership, and framework to identify needs, resolve issues, and align quality assurance and requirements strategies with business goals. Oversees the definition and execution of end-to-end testing and requirements strategies.
- Provides technical consulting on complex projects as needed.
- Responsible for reviewing, modifying and implementing new processes and procedures to support release objectives while still insuring high quality, predictable and problem-free deployments.
- Initiates and subsequently oversees project documentation, procedures and compliance activities to ensure that ISO, regulated markets and other audit/compliance requirements are achieved. Interfaces with TQM department to ensure these tasks are successfully completed.
- Responsible for identifying, managing and communicating risks defined by QA to the project manager(s) and other key stakeholders.
- Manages and provides necessary definition, development and deployment of the quality assurance strategy.
- Provides QA oversight and guidance for system validation activities such as development of requirements, system design and development artifacts, test case definition, test script creation, and operation and performance qualification.
- Responsible for managing the software quality assurance staff, and artifact creation for the development and maintenance of software development solutions based in part on regulatory requirements.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, other science or engineering field; or equivalent hands-on work experience.
- 10+ years’ experience in software analysis, design and development including five years in a management or supervisory position.
- Experience in the field, familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures and relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Skills in planning, project management and problem solving.
- Strong leadership/mentoring qualities, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel as needed