Constellium is a global sector leader that develops innovative, value-added and recyclable aluminum products for a broad scope of markets and applications, including aerospace, automotive and packaging. With 10,000 full-time employees, we operate more than 20 manufacturing sites in Europe, North America and China.
Constellium generated €5.2 billion of revenue in 2017. The Company is headquartered in Amsterdam (The Netherlands) with corporate offices in Paris (France), Zurich (Switzerland), New York (United States) and Baltimore (United States).
Constellium’s Bowling Green’s facility supplies advanced 5xxx and 6xxx alloys and provides aluminum coils and sheets for automotive applications such as closures inners, outers and body-in-white.
The Technical Rep is to ensure the products delivered to the outside processors meet customer expectations and initiate actions to improve on areas where there are deficiencies. Coordinates with CBG internal disciplines to determine the appropriate disposition, containment, and preventive and corrective actions at outside processor sites.
This position will be based out of our Plymouth, MI office.
- Support development of aluminum manufactured automotive products based on customers’ needs.
- Support the Technical Customer Service Team for product development and improvement
- Monitor Key Product and Process Parameters (including cold coils) and report important data, product characteristic and customer communication to CBG related departments
- Monitor and follow trial materials throughout the manufacturing process and at the OSP or Customer sites
- Ensure that safety, quality and on-time delivery are the prime focus.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement through the collection and analysis of performance data as well as feedback from process owners.
- Maintain positive work relationships with members of other teams to communicate effectively and to ensure compliance with cross-team responsibilities.
- Identify and prioritize value generating opportunities for improvements at the OSP, Warehouses and CBG plant
- Participate in PFMEA (Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis) together with the Supply chain, Technical Customer Services, Sales, Plant Process & Quality Teams, including the specification for the cold coils to evaluate and mitigate the potential failures of the processes
- Investigate non-conforming product applying 8D system, assist in RCCA and countermeasure development
- Assist in various product and process improvement initiatives including PPAP, PFMEA, Control Plans, supplier improvement
- Extensive travel is required (greater than 75%)
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or a comparable degree program. Master’s degree is a plus
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in manufacturing operations
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication, and presentation skills
- Good project management skills with ability to create and communicate technical documentation
- Demonstrated leadership and experience leading in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Cross-functional knowledge and experience in multiple functional areas of Manufacturing / Operations – Quality, Supply Chain, Product and Manufacturing Engineering is a plus
- Strong computer skills in various software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project
- Excellent organization, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with diverse, global, workforce
- High dependability with a strong work ethic and commitment to deadlines
- Leader and promoter of teamwork in a multidisciplinary context
- Ability to work in a constrained environment (deadlines, costs, able to work under pressure) and ability to drive multiple projects in parallel, which interfere with each other
- Ability to be flexible and to adjust priorities as necessary to meet changing conditions
- Honest, credible, trustworthy, integrity, analytical and ability to go to synthesis