Do you enjoy working independently (scheduling, relationship management, follow-through with customers and inside reps) in the technical field? Do you have an eye for detail and enjoy teaching others? Then the Technical Representative position located in Jacksonville, Florida territory may be for you! As a Technical Representative, you will be responsible for working with Sales Representatives to grow guarantee and product sales by providing installation training, job support services and inspections in the field.
* Performs inspections of field applications by Johns Manville approved contractors in a way that protects JM yet encourages contractors to repurchase from JM
* Demonstrates new products to owners, specifiers and contractors that have the confidence to buy
* Responsible for improving JM owner relationships while solving guarantee claims issues
* Conducts training seminars for owners, specifiers and contractors
* Maintains and builds relationships with Johns Manville approved contractors field personnel
What You Bring to the Team
* High School diploma with a minimum of 5 years field technical experience preferably in low slope commercial roofing environment OR Bachelor's degree
* Bachelor's degree in engineering preferred
* Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
* Presentation skills
* Problem resolution skills
* Ability to learn other applicable software applications (i.e., Guarantee Management System, Salesforce.com, iphone apps etc.)
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
* Negotiation skills
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment
* Ability to interface at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally (Solid)
* Heavy travel required (30 or more days per year)
* Primary work environment is typically in the field at a customer's facility or on a job site; may be exposed to environmental conditions of cold, heat, high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, heights, dust/mist/gas/fumes, extensive walking or climbing, etc.
* Must be able to drive a vehicle and carry a valid driver's license
* May be required to lift, carry, push or pull up to and including 25 pounds
With Johns Manville you can take pride in helping our team to deliver products that make a difference in the markets that we serve. You'll have the benefit of a supportive environment with good people who care, plus the opportunity for continued growth in your career. Johns Manville brings stability and a space for innovative thinking. Bring your purpose and desire to grow and in return you'll receive competitive pay, annual merit increases, a generous 401k match, paid holidays and vacation, education reimbursement and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Learn more at www.jm.com/careers and on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Hear Our Employee Stories
See what our employees have to say about working at Johns Manville here.
Johns Manville is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled