Technical Sales Engineer - Industrial & Electrical
Leverage your love of customer interaction and your hands-on technical knowledge of electrical systems in this Technical Sales Engineer position working the Industrial & Electrical Teams at Panduit. We're seeking a technical expert who enjoys working directly with clients to provide superb customer service for Panduit's innovative products and solutions.
If you are a technical expert with outstanding people skills who thrives on being on the front lines of our business, this is your chance to build a great career with an industry-leading company. Panduit offers employees a generous salary, a stellar benefits package that includes health insurance, a 401(k) match, profit sharing, and much more. Most of all, you'll be proud of the company you represent and the work you do.
What You'll Do:
As our Technical Sales Engineer, you will base out of your home office in either of our preferred cities, Dallas or Fort Worth, but we will also consider candidates from other major cities in Texas. You will support Panduit products and solutions for internal customers, sales teams, clients, and partners in this fast-paced, stimulating position. Your responsibilities will include a wide variety of activities, including:
- Identifying and qualifying opportunities early in the sales process via close interaction with the account team while thoroughly understanding customer business issues and needs.
- Developing solutions which address and solve real customer needs and issues by owning all technical aspects and providing technical guidance.
- Defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, proving and documenting the conclusions and/or the solutions.
- Educating and training customers on leading-edge solutions within the industry, including how Panduit partners complement the overall solution.
- Reading, analyzing and interpreting technical journals and engineering specifications.
- Engaging and collaborating with Panduit Professional Services to address and identify customer issues.
- Utilizing your ability to understand customer issues/needs, often in a pressurized environment while quickly summarizing and documenting key points.
- Providing product and technical training to Panduit Account Managers and updating them on the latest product developments.
- Acting as a trusted advisor to multiple large Named Accounts.
- Attending & supporting regional trade shows and seminars.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent in education, training, and experience. (BSEE or BSEET is highly desirable but not required.)
- 3 to 8 years of directly-related experience in identifying and promoting professional technical services to augment solutions growth.
- Experience in working with distribution channels and direct channels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to clearly present technical topics to non-technical audiences.
- Relevant industry certifications and training.
- Ability to learn quickly and maintain knowledge of a wide portfolio of solutions as the technical expert for multiple product sets.
- The motivation to learn & embrace new technology via self-teaching and formal certification.
For the right technical professional this Technical Sales Engineer - Industrial & Electrical position will expand your industry knowledge and advance your career. Please apply online today for our thoughtful consideration.
Panduit provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants, regardless of a person’s age, race, color, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, military or veteran status, national origin, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected status under federal, state, or local law.
Since 1955, Panduit has offered end-to-end industrial, electrical, and network infrastructure solutions that deliver best-in-class network performance with superior quality, operational efficiency, and easy installation. Innovative infrastructure offerings from Panduit – from the known and trusted network cables to design plans that maximize data center investment – affect day-to-day operations and profitability, and become the foundation for successful, connected, future-ready businesses. With a robust partner ecosystem, global staff, and unmatched service and support, Panduit is a valuable and trusted advisor and provider, helping companies around the globe solve infrastructure challenges. For more information, visit www.panduit.com.
- Related Keywords:
- sales support engineer, post-sales engineer, pre-sales, technical sales, technical systems engineer, data center hardware, network infrastructure, network management, power, PDUs, cooling systems, fiber, copper, structured cabling, terminate fiber, crimp, raceways, connectors, cable management, BSEE, BSEET
- Job Label: