Our long-term client is a worldwide manufacturer and seller of analytical instrumentation used is R&D Laboratories. They have an opening for a Technical Sales Representative will be responsible for direct sales a line of Rheology instrumentation and services to customers. The sales territory is the Texas Gulf Coast region. Candidates will ideally be located in the Houston, TX area but other major cities in the region will be considered.
- Primary responsibilities include both generating new accounts through lead follow up and the effective management of existing customer accounts.
- The Technical Sales Representative also visits customer sites on a regular basis to give sales presentations, perform instrument demonstrations and train customers on the correct use of their instrumentation used in a wide range of applications.
- The successful candidate must have strong written and oral communication skills and must be capable of communicating equally well with Ph. D level scientists and QC technicians.
- The ability to work independently and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction are essential for success.
- Frequent overnight travel (50-60%) is required.
- The preferred candidate will possess a B.S. degree in chemistry, engineering, physics or similar field.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in successfully selling scientific, analytical instrumentation.
- Experience with Rheology is desired.
- Knowledge of the chemical, materials and/or pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
- Must maintain a current and valid drivers license and passport