Would you like to work for the world leader in the measurement of density, concentration, CO2, and in the field of Rheometry? Do you prefer to mix things up and work with a variety of customers, such as universities, breweries, and Fortune 500 companies? Are you always curious about how things work, like taking things apart, and enjoy tinkering with sophisticated calibration equipment? Then let’s get acquainted:
- Globally headquartered in Graz, Austria, Anton Paar GmbH is owned by the charitable Santner Foundation.
- A highly diverse organization, Anton Paar USA has employees from more than 20 different countries, located all over the US and the Caribbean.
The Technical Sales Representative will be responsible for direct sales of Anton Paar's Microwave and Raman Spectroscopy product lines. The sales territory includes TX, OK, LA, AR. Candidates will ideally be located in Houston, TX but other major cities in the territory will be considered.
The starting base salary for this position is 79,000/y and depends capital equipment sales experience, with specific industry experience preferred. Our commission plan is uncapped, pays monthly from dollar one and accelerates after reaching goal. Anton Paar USA offers full benefits, profit sharing bonuses; and we offer a $10,000 anniversary bonus every five years.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- The Technical Sales Representative will be responsible for direct sales of Anton Paar laboratory instrumentation to customers in the shouthern region.
- Primary responsibilities include both generating new accounts through lead follow up and the effective management of existing customer accounts.
- The Technical Sales Representative also visits customer sites on a regular basis to give sales presentations, perform instrument demonstrations and train customers on the correct use of their instrumentation used in a wide range of applications.
- The successful candidate must have strong written and oral communication skills and must be capable of communicating equally well with Ph.D.-level scientists and QC technicians.
- The ability to work independently and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction are essential for success.
- Frequent overnight travel is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Master of Science degree in Chemistry preferred.
- 2+ years of field sales experience selling capital equipment is highly preferred.
- 2+ years Analytical or Synthetic Organic Chemistry experience in a Pharmaceutical, Biotech, CRO, Chemical, or Government lab.
- Must be comfortable speaking in front of an audience of 1-50 people.
- Working knowledge of spectroscopic methods (Raman, FT-IR, NIR), organic synthesis, extraction, and/or trace metals analysis (ICP-MS, ICP-OES, AA) is preferred.
Anton Paar USA offers a unique and rewarding position within an innovative and rapidly expanding company and service organization. We offer:
- A highly competitive salary
- Outstanding benefits package
- Opportunity for professional growth within the Anton Paar organization
Anton Paar USA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan Employer
This position is not eligible for current or future work authorization or visa sponsorship
Females/Minorities/Disabled/Veterans are welcome