The Technical Sales Representative will be responsible for direct sales of process instrumentation and services to customers. The sales region will cover the northern half of the Western USA region and will be based out of any major city in the region and close to a major airport (territory includes WA, OR, ID, WY, MT, CO, & UT). This position generates revenue by soliciting and obtaining orders; understanding and interpreting technical requirements; providing technical solutions; training customers, ensuring customer satisfaction and developing accounts.
The starting base salary for this position will depend on capital equipment sales experience, with specific industry experience preferred. Our commission plan is uncapped, pays monthly from dollar one and accelerates after reaching goal. Our client offers full benefits, profit sharing bonuses, monthly car allowance/mileage and a $10,000 anniversary bonus every five years.
- Primary responsibilities include both the effective management of existing customer accounts and the generation of new accounts through lead creation, follow up and direct sales of process instrumentation used in a wide range of industries.
- The Technical Sales Representative also visits customer sites on a regular basis to give sales presentations, perform instrument demonstrations, install new instruments and train customers on the correct use of their equipment.
- The successful candidate must have strong written and oral communication skills
- A technical background in engineering or chemistry is required along with the ability to train customers on complex instrumentation.
- The ability to work independently and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction are essential for success
- Frequent overnight travel is required
- The preferred candidate will possess a B.S. degree in engineering, physics or similar technical field and at least 2 years’ experience in technical sales of analytical or process instrumentation