Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
How will you make an impact?
As a Technical Sales Scientist, you will be responsible for supporting the Cell Biology Business Unit with pre- and post-sale, technical application support. You will provide technical and sales support in the installation, optimization and maintenance of biochemical and cell based assays, as well as Primary and Stem Cell Systems to ensure the products are functioning according to specifications, and provide answers to customer inquiries concerning product and/or process specifications.
You will be the Sales Professional for North America – Key accounts in SF Bay Area (includes North County, East Bay, SF, SSF and Peninsula)
What will you do?
- Responsible for: lead generation, team selling with regional sales team, moving the sale through the sales cycle, facilitating communication between the customer, the regional sales team, and the business segment, and forecasting and territory analysis.
- Works with the regional sales teams in the development of key accounts, including technical and feasibility meetings.
- Identify major accounts and high potential opportunities in order to assist the sales team in the development and penetration of these accounts.
- Provides training to customers and other responsible sales representatives.
- Provides feedback to the business segment on product performance in the field and suggested solutions and customer support regarding product performance problems.
- Keep abreast of current and potential activities in the territory on items such as competitor products and user requirements.
- Participate and attend sales and marketing meetings, as required.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
How will you get here?
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Biology, or Biochemistry (prefer masters or Ph.D.) or other similar scientific discipline.
- At least three years in a similar marketing, R&D or sales role.
- Strong communication skills as well as analytical, project management and planning skills necessary.
- Business development skills and cross-functional team leadership experience preferred.
- Proven ability to see new business opportunities, set and meet aggressive objectives, and develop strong working relationships also preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant markets (ie: government, academic, biotech, pharmaceuticals).
- Requires self-motivation and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills at all business levels required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must be well versed in the language and technology of the Stem Cell and Primary Cell Biology, Drug Discovery, ADME/TOX, Cell Therapy and Genome Modification and editing.
- Knowledge of other therapeutic areas around heart disease, diabetes, and Parkinson’s is a plus.
- Candidate will be working with customers in government, academic and key biotech and pharma accounts.
- Ability to travel up to 50% may be required.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.