MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal making our customers successful. The Technical Sales Support Manager for North America Mezzanine Systems Division is responsible to manage and co-ordinate the technical sales support team that supports the management and generation of technical proposals and pricing. This includes assistance with the technical design, specification and estimating of projects, enabling accurate costings to be produced for sales quotations and client requests and to ensure a complete ready to draw package to handoff to engineering on secured projects and provide the first line of response for any follow-up clarifications from engineering.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Prioritize and manage the projects, RFQ and technical support duties, working with the regional sales manager to maximize support of the sales team (60%):
- Provide estimating support and guidance to the sales team throughout the quotation phase.
- Manage and ensure mezzanine divisional best practices and acceptable standards are maintained to establish cost-effective design solutions for high value or complex project inquiries.
- Manage technical training of the team to provide strong technical guidance.
- Review returned approval packages and work with customers to discuss and advise the necessary requirements or modifications as necessary.
- Participate in scheduling meetings and coordinate when necessary with operations, purchasing, engineering, project management, and Accurate Installations when quoting lead times.
- Manage and approve travel that may be required to support the technical data gathering on projects as needed.
- Manage the workflow for order entry in the company ERP system, electronic quotation files following company procedures, and document flow in and out of the sales team.
Continuous improvement activities to Provide support for the implementation of new and improved software tools (30%)
- Identify and maintain metrics to manage department productivity
- Coordinate fundamental training on basic costing and quote generation for improved accuracy.
- Gather input from the team on improvements with ROI to manage priorities.
- Manage support personnel.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these team members.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training marketing team members; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical - Ability to distinguish between "right" and "wrong" and make the "right" choice. Seeks advice when uncertain.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Multi-Task - Demonstrates the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously with ease and finesse.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Education: Bachelors: Engineering (Required)
- Experience: 3 plus years of experience in a related position
- Computer Skills:Proficient in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and AutoCAD. Ability to learn and use business software systems (e.g. Epicor).
- Other Requirements: Ability to travel up to 15%
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.