Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
SRC is currently searching for two Scrum Masters to support the creation of a data ingest layer and Data Science as a Service (DSaS) capabilities within the Marine Corps Business Operations Systems and Support (MCBOSS). This will be a proprietary program designed by SRC and the USMC will rely on SRC to use cutting edge technology and software development tools to manipulate large amounts of data.
Scrum Master (1) will act in a Scrum, Agile environment guiding a technical team through the infrastructure build process to "ingest" the information. Scrum Master (2) will act in a Scrum, Agile environment to develop the process of disseminating data and will understand working with Big Data, Visualization and Artificial Intelligence (AI). Both positions require familiarity with Data Science and working with large amounts of data (Big Data).
The Scrum Master will:
* Possess a minimum five (5) plus years' experience in project management to include experience in a Scrum Agile environment
* Understand and support Scrum practices such as guiding meetings, managing Sprints and Sprint Backlog; use the Product Backlog to manage needs and requirements and; prioritize Backlog work
* Serve as primary customer contact for specific efforts to assure responsiveness to customer needs and effective professional conduct
* Mentor and coach assigned personnel to enhance performance and encourage professional development with regard to deliverables
* Monitor project to ensure work scope, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained
* Provide coordination between resource managers/supervisors and ensures all necessary reviews and approvals are received
* Facilitate team success
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
[*MON #CJ #LI-SC1]
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Knowledge of Big Data, Data Warehousing, Visualization and Artificial Intelligence
* Prior experience as a Scrum Master in an Agile environment
* Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
* Possess a sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company's success
* A proven critical thinker and problem-solver
* Must be a team player
* Possess good time-management skills
* Proven effective interpersonal and communication skills
* Possess a great work ethic and sense of humor
* Bachelor of Science degree in Physical Sciences, Computer Science, Mathematics, Psychology or similar course of study
* Certified Scrum Master
THIS POSITION REQUIRES THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN A DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE (DoD) SECURITY CLEARANCE AT THE SECRET LEVEL
ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE PREFERRED
US CITIZENS ONLY ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A SECURITY CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled