Technical Services Manager
Kelly Scientific Resources is currently seeking a Technical Services Manager for one of our top clients in the Dallas/Ft Worth geographical area of TX. This company is a consistent leader in its field and is highly respected for its high-quality goods and scope of products and services. This is a Direct Hire opportunity and all candidates that meet the requirements below are encouraged to apply.
The Technical Services Manager is responsible for managing day to day activities of the document management operations ensuring that all tasks are completed on schedule. This position is also responsible for auditing R&D and Technical Services databases including file maintenance. Incumbent is also responsible for managing the maintenance of all Kosher, Halal, and Organic records and acts as a liaison between the company and their organizations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Use and understand a variety of computer software programs, including Ross, Product Vision, Access, Excel, Word, labeling software, and any other software necessary.
- Train employees on the proper use of this software.
- Manage the production of all technical documents, including product specifications, MSDS, nutritional statements, kosher certificates, letters of naturalness, range formulas, Country of Origin etc. Fax, E-mail or mail these to our customers.
- Set up production labels for products shipped to customers.
- A mindset of continuous improvement should be used to critically evaluate existing processes and identify areas of opportunity for increasing efficiency and accuracy.
- Coordinate all document workflow in Technical Services and the R&D lab by monitoring the status of all document projects and to assign them to the appropriate personnel.
- Use technical data from the Food Technologists to convert experimental formulas into production ready formulas. This includes entering new raw materials when necessary. Maintain the Kosher program at facility, including keeping all Kosher certificates from vendors current, submitting new formulas to the Rabbinical society, keeping all labels correct, conducting audits with the Rabbi. This will also include doing the same for our Halal program.
- Writes and assists in writing procedures for Technical Services and R&D. This includes procedures on how to use software programs, or any other procedures. Act as a computer/software resource for Technical Services and R&D.
- Participate in multi-departmental teams to upgrade or change procedures involving documents, Ross and Product Vision.
- Create miscellaneous reports, tables, charts, signs, etc. upon request.
- Research USDA and FDA regulations when necessary. Assist the regulatory specialist when needed.
- Provide documents to developers and regulatory specialist for proof reading and correction as needed.
- All Common Core Role Duties for Managers with Direct Reports as listed in Document FM HR-0008
- Maintain appropriate and professional written and verbal communication.
- Ensure that food safety, integrity, legality, and quality standards are maintained at all times.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Management.
- Regular attendance for scheduled shifts is a requirement of this position
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in food science or related area from an appropriately accredited University preferred, or Bachelor’s degree in business with work experience in technical areas, R&D, culinary and/or QA and supply chain management.
- Minimum five years' experience in technical area and/or supply chain management preferred.
- Active listening
- Adherence to policy, procedure and attendance requirements.
- Complex problem solving.
- Computer experience.
- Judgement and decision making.
- Management of Material Resources.
- Operation and Control.
- Operation Monitoring.
- Read, speak and write fluent English.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Teamwork -work closely with all departments in a professional, cooperative manner.
- Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Troubleshooting — Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Must be in possession of a valid driver’s license.
If you are interested in advancing your career with this opportunity, please apply for immediate consideration.
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.