Here at Universal Orlando Resort™, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer paid on the job training, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Whether you’re bringing the world’s premier movie and TV scenes to life at Universal Studios, living the excitement of legendary heroes at Islands of Adventure, or exploring the thrills and relaxation in the lush tropical paradise of Volcano Bay; we want to do it with YOU!
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for performing the highly skilled, discipline specific, tasks required to ensure the smooth operation of Universal Orlando Facilities as it pertains to all industrial, commercial and non-commercial electrical equipment and utilities.
- Maintain, install, service and repair all park wide utility electrical systems including, but not limited to: all site lighting, lighting contactors and signage.
- Maintain, install, service and repair all park wide life safety electrical systems including, but not limited to: all UPS, generators, transfer switches and egress lighting.
- Maintain, install, service and repair all main switchgear, main breakers, sub panels and branch circuits.
- Provide UO Permitting Department with proper permits for all electrical work requiring permitting.
- Maintain, install, service and repair all utility and facilities motors including, but not limited to, motor control centers.
- Provide quality inspections including, but not limited to: UPS systems; generators; and work provided by vendors and contractors.
- Assist High Voltage Team with switching and repair of high voltage switchgear, transformers and branch circuits.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: To install, maintain, service, rebuild, troubleshoot, repair and operate all industrial, commercial and noncommercial electrical equipment and utilities as it pertains to the continuous smooth operation of Universal Orlando Facilities, including: electrical wiring; fixtures and equipment from 12V to 480V. This will include all main switch gear, main breakers, UPS units, generators, transfer switches, motors, motor control centers.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED is required. Technical school is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years’ experience in industrial and commercial construction, maintenance facility or a fast paced service company dedicated to electrical repair is required. Minimum 1 years’ experience in theme park industry is preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: A valid Florida Drivers’ License is required to operate company vehicles. A Master Electrical License or Journeyman Electrical License is required.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2018 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE