About the Position:
Performs project technical and engineering work involving building design, structural calculations, research and development, specification review, code compliance and manufacturing. The position requires working closely with customer service, sales, design-drafting, and operations teams to provide customers with accurate and cost-effective design approaches as well as analyses based on research, testing and engineered calculations.
Benefits of Working With Us:
We offer a casual atmosphere and family oriented culture. Our benefits package is comprehensive including medical, dental, vision, 401k with match, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance, shopping discount program, employee assistance program, and more! We even buy lunch for our plant employees through our meal card vending program! Sound good to you? Come join our team!
Headquartered in Vacaville, California, All Weather Insulated Panels (AWIP), has two state of the art continuous line manufacturing facilities including Vacaville, California and Little Rock, Arkansas. AWIP is an innovator in the design, construction, and advancement of insulated metal panels and is strategically positioned to meet the growing energy, environmental and economic challenges facing the North American building industry. AWIP provides its customers with a broad line of insulated wall and roof panels and a full range of complementary trims, accessories and engineering services.
- Effectively communicate with architects, general contractors, installation contractors regarding the design and promotion of AWIP products in-person, via phone or email.
- Become knowledgeable in test standards and NRCA, IBC, ASCE 7, NBCC, AISC, AISI, SJI, SDI codes
- Review project specifications to ensure requirements such as materials, performance, testing, installation, design or warranties are compliant.
- Provide technical services support including engineering structural analysis, design, product use, detailing, to customers and internal drafting department.
- Perform testing to analyze performance of products to validate design values used in calculations.
- Aide in product development, testing, installation, certification and research of new products and continuous improvement of existing products.
- Assist with developing, updating and maintaining product technical documents
- Communicate regularly with Technical Service, Design-Drafting, Field Service, Customer Service, Purchasing, Sales and Operations teams as required.
- Assist Technical Services Manager and Technical Director with assigned duties as necessary.
- Comply with all safety and company policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Civil engineer degree with structural emphasis, or equivalent
- EIT with capability of pursuing PE licensure in the future
- Professional experience in commercial roofing design using steel roof decks
- Professional experience in single-ply PVC/TPO design a plus
- Experience using AutoCAD, Revit, or Tekla a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and be able to prioritize by importance, schedule and necessity.
- Ability to understand and communicate building science methodologies, building codes and standards
- Must be able to effectively use a computer and have intermediate proficiency MS Excel, MS Word, and email and basic proficiency in the rest of MS Office.
- Ability to work 8 hours per day with ability to work overtime as need to complete time sensitive tasks.
- Ability to work in a non-climate controlled environment with extreme temperatures and outdoor exposure at times.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to use tools, equipment, machinery, etc.
- Must have visual acuity, discernment of color and texture, and finger dexterity.
- Ability to read, write, type, and verbally communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to sit, walk, and stand for extended periods. Must be able to bend, lift, twist, reach, grasp, and other physical movements.
- Must be reliable and dependable.