CGS Business Solutions is committed to helping you, as an esteemed Technical Professional, find the next right step in your career. We match professionals like you to rewarding consulting or full-time opportunities in your area of expertise. We are currently seeking Technical Professionals who are searching for challenging and rewarding roles for the following opportunity:
CGS is currently accepting resumes for an Aftermarket Technical Services leader in the Portland, OR surrounding area. This key executive team member is responsible for the full aftermarket customer journey and driving customer satisfaction and profitable growth of the services segment. This role provides overall leadership and direction to the Technical Support (Tier I &II), Aftermarket maintenance & services, Parts, Warranty and Training functions.
As a member of the leadership team, you are expected to develop and execute the full strategic plan for the function, initiate, build and sustain relationships with clients and prospects, grow the organization and develop a talent pipeline. In addition, contribute to the development and execution of the overall strategic plan.
- Lead all aspects of aftermarket customer service and technical support; drive customer satisfaction, improve resolution capability, and increase efficiency
- Drive growth in aftermarket services revenue and improve profitability
- Develop, own and execute multi-year strategic plan for services function with focus on customer satisfaction and profitable growth
- Identify, plan and execute new service and revenue growth opportunities, including digital services
- Serve as senior leader escalation resource to provide leadership for resolving existing client issues relative to services provided by department.
- Develop and maintain client relationship and become a resource for customers’ satisfaction and issue resolution.
- Collaborate with all related functions to ensure the successful implementation of service programs
- Establish and coordinate procedures for staff that effectively and efficiently attains desired results. Promote a positive and motivational atmosphere.
- Track and measure operational metrics to ensure services delivery and performance.
- Develop, mentor and coach staff; establish talent pipeline and succession planning
- Establish appropriate procedure to ensure seamless handoffs of customer responsibility between function
- Leverage digital tools and data analytics to drive workplace efficiency and effectiveness
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or a relevant field, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of technical and/or management consulting experience
- 5 years of people management level with progressive leadership capabilities
- Extensive client account and project management experience with demonstrated ability to plan and manage the execution of custom development projects and complex client engagements
- Passionate and successful in mentoring others and developing their careers
- Strong background in providing technical solutions; ability to provide project leadership and manage issues to a successful resolution.
- Outstanding customer service orientation. Candidate demonstrates ability to develop strong, long-term customer relationships.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Business and financial acumen
- Self-directed with a demonstrated track record of successful strategic planning
Technical Manager / Director