MISTRAS strives to provide a positive work environment that values excellence in safety and quality, free from discrimination and harassment. Every MISTRAS employee plays a part in our Company’s success and making this a great place to work. We are committed to a work place where all employees are free to raise issues, concerns and questions for the improvement of our operations and work environment. Safety is the overriding priority in everything we do; all duties critical to safety, quality, and environmental protection are carried out in compliance with all requirements and with personal accountability.
Responsible for all aspects of IT infrastructure support within Mistras offices, including network connectivity, computer hardware and software maintenance, printer support, and local server support. Understands local IT requirements and is able to articulate them into hardware and software requirements. Participates in, or manages, infrastructure upgrade projects, system migrations, and hardware refresh. Has the acumen to work with the senior management of the office to identify business requirements and make recommendations on suitable technology solutions. Will document current and future IT infrastructure.
The Technical Solutions Analyst is the primary functional role on the team responsible for the overall level of IT Service within Mistras Group. This team, reporting to the IT Operations Manager, supports desktop, application, server, printer, and local connectivity for offices within a region. This role may be based in La Porte, TX, Youngsville, LA or Princeton Junction, NJ.
- Provides a high level of customer service to the local offices by assuming responsibility of assigned Help Desk tickets from receipt through resolution.
- Delivers solutions to hardware and software problems using troubleshooting expertise, research, or escalation to appropriate Subject Matter Expert.
- Ensures continuous connectivity by resolving local or wide area network problems.
- Establishes or modifies user access to systems through user creation, change, or termination following best practices and established Mistras change control procedure.
- Maintains acceptable functionality of local servers, including software updates and hardware maintenance.
- Takes responsibility for all assigned backup routines and off-site tape rotation.
- Provides remote communication through connectivity of mobile devices to Mistras email.
- Presents cost effective and technically sound hardware or software recommendations to business management to resolve identified problems, and manages procurement process.
- Participates in IT projects as needed.
- Reduces operational risk though accurate documentation of infrastructure and systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Wintel based hardware, software, and Operating Systems.
- Microsoft servers, Active Directory administration, and troubleshooting.
- All office productivity applications and suites, including Adobe, Visio, and Project.
- Understanding of network technologies and concepts, especially TCP/IP.
- Associates Degree in Computer Technology and / or equivalent experience.
- Industry certifications (A Plus, MCP, etc.) preferred.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS:
- Frequent lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Up to 50%
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
MISTRAS offers full-time employees company benefits that include medical, dental, life, vision, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
Mistras Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.