As the Technical Specialist, you will be responsible for logging all customer issues, requests and support activity into a ticketing system. You will also conduct 1st level problem diagnosis using documented procedures and available tools, manage ticket queues and team mail box as part of rotating team assignments, as well as manage your work load to meet incident and request deadlines. In this role, you will need to follow proper procedure for problem escalation to cross-functional support teams and communicate effectively with team members to resolve customer issues. We will also need you to provide appropriate, timely and accurate communications to management, and be prepared to handle any special and ongoing tasks as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Technical Specialist I is primarily responsible for:
- Logs all customers’ issues into a ticketing system and tracks all requests through to resolution
- Resolve incidents within established response times
- Actively participate in monitoring helpdesk call and email queue
- Keeps customer updated on status of issue and confirm close of issue
- Fulfill approved requests for MIS helpdesk services within established time period
- Provide a positive experience for end user interaction with helpdesk team, services and supported products
- Provides 1st level support using documentation and knowledge trees
- Provide on-going documentation and support of MIS helpdesk services’ process and procedures as well as special projects
- Deployment of software packages to end users
We are seeking candidates with the following experience and skills
- Comp TIA A+ Certification or equivalent experience
- 2+ year(s) required of experience in a technical customer support/help desk environment
- Knowledge of desktop hardware and software applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT)
- Must have solid experience with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), and/or PowerShell.
- Proven problem-solving skills with an inherent decision-making ability
- Knowledge of the day-to-day systems operating environments, available tools, operating techniques and in-house customer applications
- Proven ability to organize work effectively in a high pressure and stressful environment or situations
- Strong customer service and communication skills (both written and verbal)
As a rapidly growing global provider of IT solutions, we’ve expanded from Seattle to Sydney and beyond – with reach in over 80 countries around the world. Today’s top brands count on Zones and our world-class partners – Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, Dell, Lenovo, and more – to transform their enterprises. To support this transformation, Zones offers products and services across four Solution Environments: Workplace Modernization, Network Optimization, Data Center Transformation, and Security Fortification.
Zones offers a comprehensive Benefits package
While we’re committed to providing top-tier solutions, we’re just as committed to supporting our own team. Our employees enjoy a variety of comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, a 401(k) plan with matching provision, paid time off, and much more. And as a Minority Business Enterprise, a Corporate Plus member of the Northwest Minority Supplier Development Council, and an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, our community is just as diverse.
At Zones, work is more than a job – it's an exciting career immersed in an inventive, collaborative culture. If you’re interested in working on the cutting edge of IT innovation, sales, engineering, operations, administration, and more, Zones is the place for you!