Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Staff Design Engineer in MCU32 design for test group to implement scan and generate ATPG patterns for advanced 32-bit product family
- Work with RTL and physical design teams to create scan inserted netlists on 32-bit microcontroller products
- Use industry standard tools to generate high coverage ATPG patterns utilizing scan compression
- Analyze SoC and module level designs for scan coverage and implementation issues
- Build verification environment to run and debug gate level simulations at the SoC level
- Document scan designs and maintain guidelines for best scan design practices
- Define, develop, and improve scan design process flows and methodologies for continuous improvement
- Run, debug, and perform diagnostics on scan patterns post-silicon on a production and/or debug tester
- Must have 4+ years of experience with FastScan and/or TetraMAX
- Must be able to modify Verilog/VHDL
- Must have scripting and automation skills - Linux shell scripting, Perl, Tcl, Makefile, and revision management (CVS, git, etc.)
- Experience with synthesis, static timing analysis, and ATPG modeling
- Knowledge of stuck-at, transition, IDDQ, and other advanced fault models
- Experience with IJTAG, Boundary Scan, and printed circuit board design desired but not required
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, excellent communication skills, excellent presentation skills for design reviews, and ability to excel in a multi-national team environment
- Willing to travel, including internationally (< 5%)
- MSEE with 12+ years or BSEE with 15+ years of industry experience
Equal Opportunity EmployerMicrochip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.