Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities
- Assist external users of the client's technical products or services; identify, investigate, research and provide resolution to user questions and problems
- Troubleshoot basic and routine customer issues that are technical in nature; including hardware, software, networking, or other designated client products
- Follow appropriate escalation path to resolve technical issues; including making follow up outbound calls to customers or other parties as needed
- Solve problems that are generally unstructured and require extensive use of conceptual thinking skills
- Ensure service delivered to our customers meets contractual Key Performance Indicator (‘KPIs’)
- Greet customers in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner using agreed upon procedures
- Listen attentively to customer needs and concerns; demonstrate empathy while maximizing opportunity to build rapport with the customer
- Clarify customer requirements; probe for understanding
- Prepare complete and accurate work including appropriately notating accounts as required
- Participate in activities designed to improve customer satisfaction and business performance
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to type at a minimum 35 words per minute
- Computer proficiency / Strong working knowledge of computer hardware and peripherals, software (installation & updating), Microsoft Office suite, virus / spyware, all types of connectivity and networking
- One year technical support experience or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; Ability to communicate clearly and calmly on the telephone, email and chat and to use effective customer service techniques with clients who may be under stress; Ability to professionally interact with all levels of associates
- Ability to maintain composure under stressful situations & work in a fast-paced phone center environment
- Ability to effectively analyze and troubleshoot computer hardware and software issues and provide sound resolutions.
- Capable of working autonomously and also function as part of a team.
- Ability to distinguish the varying levels of clients' technical competency & communicate on an understandable and professional level
- Identify and report all out-of-line conditions affecting customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated ability to follow defined technical processes as prescribed with minimal work-arounds
- Demonstrates “controller” personality traits such as transparency; talkative; ability to make strengths knows & freely expresses their opinion.
- Able to rotate shifts, as needed
- Based on location and/or program, additional experience/skills may be required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel working within this job title.