ClearOne is a global communications solutions company that develops and sells audio conferencing, collaboration, streaming media, and other related products for audio, video and web applications. The reliability, flexibility, and performance of ClearOne’s comprehensive solutions create a natural communications environment, which saves organizations time and money by enabling more effective and efficient communication. For more information, visit ClearOne’s website at http://www.clearone.com. We currently have an opening for a Technical Support Representative in our Salt Lake City, UT office.
The Technical Support Representative is at the forefront of ClearOne Customer Service. This position answers technical questions, troubleshoots audio, video, and telephony equipment and assists dealers, installers and users with ClearOne products. Support is provided by phone, email, or through Internet chat. ClearOne will provide specialized technical training on the products to be supported.
- Communicate with internal and external customers to resolve technical issues on ClearOne products via the phone, email, or chat.
- Work within a team and obtain assistance from senior techs and management as needed.
- Distinguish between hardware failures and configuration errors by asking appropriate questions and running tests. Arrange for repair or exchange of equipment or suggest a solution to configuration errors as appropriate based on answers to questions and/or the test results.
- Maintain accurate documentation of all actions required to resolve issues through the service ticket support database.
- Assist installers and users with the configuration of ClearOne products.
- Multi-task between several customer situations at the same time
Desired Skills & Experience:
- The ability to understand, answer questions about, and troubleshoot technical issues and solve technical problems for customers.
- Must have the ability to speak and write in clear, professional English and the ability to provide technical instructions to others.
- Must be able to discern the tone and amplitude of audio signals sufficiently to perform audio troubleshooting remotely.
- The ability to demonstrate mature customer service skills to a technically demanding clientele.
- The ability to self-teach and the ability to resolve complex problems using logic, reason, and diagnostic tools.
- Must take and maintain ownership of support cases until they are resolved.
- The ability to communicate accurate technical information to customers using available resources, and the ability to create new technical documentation when needed.
- The ability to meet performance expectations for productivity and attendance.
Education & Technical Skills:
- Associate technical degree or equivalent work experience. Preferably in one or more of the following areas.
- Computer science with an emphasis on IT, networking or electronics
- Pro Audio
- AV Integration
- 3-5 years of experience in technical support.
- CTS or other AV Industry certifications are highly desirable but not required.