The Oshkosh Fire & Emergency segment is a single-source designer and manufacturer of fire apparatus, homeland security vehicles, mobile command, communications vehicles, and airport rescue firefighting vehicles. Our brands are known globally for quality, safety, and innovation.
Oshkosh Fire & Emergency is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
This job posting is to gather candidates for future openings at Pierce Manufacturing.
The Technical Support Specailist will support internal and external customers via phone, email, face to face, and other media communication. The primary objective of this role is to assist in the repair and provide guidance on the overhaul of all equipment in the field.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Troubleshoot the root cause of technical issues on various equipment such as fire-fighting and emergency apparatus and identify the necessary actions to resolve issues.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with customers and departments necessary to support the customer through continuous communication.
- Communicate all service related documentation such as service field bulletins, information notices, and product updates to internal and external customers and other technical support team members.
- Review current Pierce processes that involve documentation and work performance, Pierce programs and systems that pertain to troubleshooting and diagnosing.
- Collaborate in continuous training efforts, both internally and externally, to maintain and increase proficiency on various products.
- Coordinate and schedule team meetings to review department communications, policies, and procedures as needed.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent with three (3) or more years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Experience with contact center or hands on equipment repair work.
- Experience in troubleshooting manufacturing equipment.
- Proficient problem solving capabilities.
- Skilled in verbal and written communication.
- Detail oriented.
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.