You will be an integral part of a regional Desktop Support function provided through internal teams, who are responsible for supporting around 9,000 internal and 3rd party users. We’re running a major End User Computing (EUC) and Network transformation program to deliver an integrated and dynamic end-user capability that enables our people to access services and knowledge from any device, anywhere.
The Technical Support Specialist must provide high quality and professional technical support for various IT services across local and regional offices. You will be required to build excellent end-user relationships, and gain a good understanding of business-critical periods, processes and applications.
The primary role of this position is to ensure that our business colleagues are working as efficiently as possible. This requires you to provide excellent customer and technical support, resolving incidents and problems as quickly as possible. Additionally, you will share your IT knowledge with end-users through face to face instruction, creating knowledge articles and responding to online forums. You will provide support to the junior members of the team by coaching and leading by example.
• Resolve complex incidents that could not be resolved by the IT Service Desk including application configuration, application and patch deployment, incorrect access or permissions, and network connection issues, etc.
• Troubleshoot incidents within agreed service levels, either remotely or by visiting the end-user.
• Carry out requests and provisioning activities, including hardware requests, operating system upgrades, file restores, virtual desktop creation etc
• Promptly communicate escalations and outcomes to management.
• Identify repeat incidents and feed them into the Problem Management process
• Work with the 3rd line engineering teams, as well as vendors, to provide problem analysis, identification, and resolution of complex issues
• Provide remote hands-on support for server and network hardware and software as directed by 3rd operations services owners.
• Lead in the deployment of desktop and operating system upgrades.
• Lead in the improvement of processes and approaches within the department
• Leading in the co-ordination of office moves.
• Regular liaison with the Desktop Engineering team and taking ownership of new technologies following handover into service
• Provide a premium user experience to VIPs/Execs
• IT experience (7 years+ relevant work experience)
• Extensive experience in a customer facing technical support role in a large multi-region enterprise environment
• Excellent communicator with a natural aptitude for dealing with different levels of staff up to Executive
• Knowledge and belief in championing principles of ITIL specifically Incident, Problem, Configuration and Change Management, and Request Management
• Commitment to service improvement with a customer focused attitude
• Good understanding of the role of IT within the business
• In depth understanding of business area’s work and their critical periods
• Confidence to deal professionally with people at all levels in the organisation up to Executive
• Experience of building and troubleshooting Windows desktop operating systems, up to and including Windows 10
• Experience of supporting Apple Mac devices (iOS and MacOS)
• Good experience of VDI platforms and supporting remote desktop users
• Good experience in the automation of manual tasks and seeking out efficiencies by ‘shifting left’ where possible, for example the automation of Desktop provisioning and Application deployment, including end user self-service
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178