Role : Technical Support - Networking
Location : Columbia House Blvd #106, Vancouver, WA 98661
Duration : 1+ Year(s) – with possible Permanent Hire
The Trouble Resolution Specialist is a customer facing roll including handling inbound customer calls, chat and portal interactions. Technicians will be responsible for troubleshooting reported problems, providing updates and resolution of common network/product troubles. The trouble resolution technician will also be responsible for positioning contract renewal and upsell opportunities as well as Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) targets.
- Initiate diagnostics and additional testing and data gathering to resolve tickets or document information needed for next level support
- Clearly communicate the diagnostic findings/results with the customer, set customer expectation accordingly, responding to any additional questions the customer may have in a professional manner.
- Follow up on vendor or supplier trouble tickets, internal dispatches, coordinate with other internal and external organizations as needed, and meet MTTR and customer status expectations
- Escalate Trouble Tickets with the appropriate supplier organizations (internal & external) when Service Level Agreements [SLAs] are missed
- Diffuse difficult customers by reassuring customer we will work to resolve their issue in timely fashion
- Act as the primary customer point of contact for the customer throughout the life of a ticket, responsible for providing customer with regular status updates on Trouble Ticket progress, setting realistic expectations, and verify resolution
- Properly code Trouble Tickets with appropriate closure codes, detailing the results of the testing and resolution
- Escalation to management of service interruption patterns, to assist in the identification of potential network service effecting issues.
- Utilize available technology to efficiently respond to client requests
- Prioritize work to meet or exceed client expectations
- Work in partnership with other Business service/repair oriented departments to respond to customer issues in a timely fashion
- Proactively resolve obstacles that interfere with job performance and/or job satisfaction
- Flexibility to work varied shifts to provide support to your team on an as needed basis, based upon customers business needs
- Basic Metrics:
- Meet MTTR goals of overall Trouble Tickets
- Meet LEC Referral MTTR goal
- Schedule Adherence of 98% (attendance, punctuality, breaks/lunches)
- Ticket Quality Score of 75% (monitoring 4-8 tickets per month, for ticket quality and customer status)
- Meet a 100% goal of Customer Status on Trouble Tickets
- Meet Monthly Scorecard metrics on multiple factors including tickets resolved, calls in/out, # public notes, quality, CSAT and Renewal targets. Technicians are to work a minimum of 4 tickets per hour
Required Skills / Abilities & Competencies
- Dealing with difficult customers and stressful situations.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to multi-task, utilizing time management and work prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexibility to work varied shifts based upon customer needs.
- Experienced in client side LAN equipment such as Modems, Switches and Routers
- Basic understanding of data protocols such as EIGRP, BGP and OSPF
- Basic understanding of network protocols such as MPLS, VoIP, ATM, and TDM
- Basic understanding of voice networks utilizing protocols as ISDN, SS7, SIP and MGCP
- Basic understanding of VOIP architecture including Session Border Controllers, SIP Proxies, and IP Switch platforms
- Basic understanding of VoIP phones platforms. Providers include Cisco, Polycom, and Aastra phones.
- Basic understanding of backbone services to include various transport (DS0, DS1, DS3, OC-x, Ethernet, and GIG E) services
- High School or GED equivalent minimum
- AAS degree in Network related field or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- CCENT or CCNA certification preferred equivalent Adtran certifications will also be considered.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a call-center or support desk environment servicing real-time troubles via remote support (phone calls, chat, etc.)