Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Technical Support Specialist
PAE is actively seeking a Technical Support Specialist to provide support to the Southern California Test and Training Range (SCTTR) Contract located at San Diego, CA
Essential Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Provide technical support during Navy and military training exercises.
- Work with military and other contractor employees during training events, assisting with computer displays and mission communications.
- Responsible for monitoring communications and providing near real-time input and event annotations.
- Collect and consolidate relevant mission data files and prepare mission reconstruction replays for rapid post event review and debriefs.
- Provide mission replay support during large crew debriefs working with Navy and military instructors or contractors.
- Assist customers and management with development of training materials, presentations and documents.
- Responsible to carry out additional functions and other duties as assigned or required.
- Must be available periodically to work seven days per week during scheduled fleet exercise training periods (This is a salaried position with pay for over-time hours).
- Experience with networked personal computer systems and multimedia applications in MS Windows and Linux OS environment
- Proficient in written and verbal English language skills
- Must possess the ability to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance (or transfer) in a timely manner, and maintain a US Government (DoD) Security clearance
- Experience with Naval Research Laboratories (NRL) SIMDIS application for mission replay
- Knowledge and experience with Navy or military range training tools and applications is highly desirable
- Experienced providing computer based briefs, debriefs or demonstrations and presentations
- Familiar with current naval training tactics and training scenarios
- Knowledge of Python scripts and scripting small applications to replace or eliminate repetitive processes is a plus
- Typically requires completion of an associate degree.
- Relevant professional Navy or military experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.