High school diploma or equivalence and BS Degree, technical school graduate, electronics training, or equivalent experience. 3 years technical experience doing hands on electronics repair.
One of the following Industry certifications :
A+, Network+, MCTS, Security +, MCSA, CCNA, Linux +
- Provides first level help desk technical support in a collaborative work environment utilizing phone, chat, text, video and email communication methods.
- Ensures high-level customer satisfaction by analyzing problems pertaining to technologies sold or supported by Ricoh.
- Proficient in problem solving using their technical knowledge and the knowledge gained through collaboration.
- Utilizes team collaboration, diagnostic tools, service aids, product schematics, and all other available product information in the assessment and resolution of equipment failures or issues.
- Is considered a subject matter expert in one or two product technologies.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responds to incoming support incidents (i.e. telephone, chat, email, text and video) in a timely, professional manner.
- Evaluates incoming issues and gives assistance utilizing the appropriate support information and documentation.
- Makes entries for incoming issues and all activities that pertain to any existing issues within the incident tracking system.
- Entries are accurate, detailed, and include all required fields.
- Completes all required administrative tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- Utilizes correct escalation procedures on all irresolvable issues outside the range of his/her expertise.
- Reviews all technical information pertaining to supported products, including new and updated information as it becomes available.
- Utilizes available lab equipment and other resources to effectively troubleshoot issues.
- Returns resources to proper working condition when through.
- Maintains/renews industry certifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.