The Technical Trainer II is responsible for teaching,developing technical curriculum, and facilitating technical courses for JET personnel.The Trainer assists inanalyzing skills of current staff, and tracking new developments and trainingopportunities at Jackson. In addition, the trainer will beresponsible for developing and maintaining relations with third-party vendorsand assessing their course offerings.
Essential Job Duties &Responsibilities
- Coordinates technical training for Jackson's IT department.
- Develops new course curriculum (ILT and e-Learning) with emphasis on appropriateness to Jackson IT models and platforms.
- Teaches and facilitates courses to JET personnel.
- Learns new technical languages and materials.
- Oversees scheduling, registration, attendance andbilling of courses.
- Schedules and maintains training facilities andsupplies.
- Communicates and negotiates price and content withpotential training vendors.
- Performsother special projects or duties as assigned.
Job Responsibilities (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Strong knowledge and experience with one or more of the following:
- Instructional Design Methods (ADDIE/SAM) in developing strategic blended learning solutions (ILT & WBT).
- ELearning design and development.
- Microlearning development.
- Adult education and knowledge of current research on the topic preferred.
- Multiple programming languages, tools and technologies.
- Various operating systems and environments.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of software development processes and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Expertise in a variety of training concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to work with managers at various levels to recommend training solutions.
- Ability to reason and simplify complex processes.
- Strong knowledge of MS applications.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to travel between Jackson’s various locations/offices as frequently as required to support training needs.
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment to achieve desired results.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and/or education.
- 5+ years of combined teaching and industry experience required.
- 3-5 years of experience designing and delivering technical training for adult learners required.
- 3-5 years of experience in designing e-learning required.
- 3-5 years of a combination of web, client-server, and mainframe programming knowledge preferred.
- UNIX and NT, Mainframe experience preferred.
- JAVA, C/C++, COBOL, SQL, experience preferred.