The Lead Technical Training Instructor is responsible for coordinating self-study, classroom and eLearning-based training for new and existing Patterson employees. They coordinate and track training and compile weekly and monthly reports. The person in this role will help develop and conduct training on applicable topics. They will anticipate needs and answer advanced questions about training processes.
- Act as the liaison between Training Manager and the Training Department
- Performance management for all direct reports including yearly reviews
- Review evaluation metrics for all training projects
- Manage training projects within an iterative environment
- Organizes and facilitates Sprint planning, Daily standup meetings, Retro meetings, PBI refinement meetings and other iterative related activities
- Ensures team is practicing core principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive Training plan for use across an implementation project timeline
- Conduct needs assessments to determine various training offerings necessary for successful project implementation
- Develop content for ongoing Technical Trainings and personal development classes for PTC team members
- Conduct Technical trainings and Personal Development courses as needed for PTC employees
- Develop and organize training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials
- Plan, develop, and provide training and staff development programs, using effective methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops
- Conduct orientation sessions and arrange on-the-job training for new hires
- Execute established testing and evaluation procedures
- Assist with development and administration of training programs as designed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Technical Expertise: Maintains current technical knowledge and uses that expertise to help provide training solutions that are relevant to product changes and updates
Communication: Actively listens and communicates clearly and effectively both verbally and non-verbally. Understands the importance of relationships to ensure team success; demonstrates compassion and understand; open to other view points in the interest of achieving best possible outcomes. Builds positive relationships, uses tact in sensitive situations; listens well to various points of view; relates well to others at all levels.
Collaboration: This person understands that Patterson provides superior training solutions when a group works as an effective unit. Their definition of ‘team’ is broad, in that they combine efforts with their co-workers as well as clients when they are communicating concepts. They are flexible and modify their style if it can help achieve a group goal and seek productive trade-offs where parties come out ahead. They acknowledge the efforts that others put into realized an objective.
Results Focus: This person is always raising their own standard of performance and finding creative ways to get through challenges while always adhering to Patterson policies. They are effective at managing their own time and maximize results and proactively seeks out progress updates from team members to ensure risk mitigation to defined success criteria.
Customer Focus: This person makes the customer’s and their needs the primary focus of their actions. They listen and understand to develop value-added partnerships with customers by going above and beyond basic service expectations, while helping implement solutions and achieve timely resolutions to request and issues.
Problem Solving: Uses logic and analytical methods to indemnify solutions while exploring several options and utilizing available information to recommend workable solutions.
Flexibility: This person easily adapts to new methods and procedures and responds to disruptions and crises of change as an opportunity for improvement. They are optimistic and supportive and do not indulge in emotional outbursts during difficult situations.
Interpersonal Effectiveness: This person has a positive attitude toward others and can adapt their communication style to suit the situation. They are credible because they do what they say they will do. They make decisions based upon what they believe is right, not necessarily popular
- Bachelor’s Degree in Training and Development, or related field
- 3 years’ experience in a Training Instructor Role
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Requires a consistent, positive attitude and respect for high quality standards
- Requires the ability to make quick, sound judgements
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly
- Requires the ability to recall numerous guidelines and procedures
- Strong organizational, attention to detail and task-follow up skills; adept at handling multiple assignments in a timely manner and meeting assigned deadlines
- Experience with LMS (Learning Management Systems)
- Master’s Degree in Training and Development, or related field
- Industry knowledge
- Proven problem solving capabilities and skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience with SumTotal Learning Systems