Growth requires a strong foundation, and at Buchanan & Edwards, our people are our strength. They are the foundation for building the next generation of innovative IT solutions, revolutionizing the industry, and solving the nation’s most critical challenges.
Let Buchanan & Edwards help you unleash your potential and reach your goals.
Come grow with us.
The Contractor shall provide a Technical Writer who must have five years of experience as a technical writer and have a mastery of the English language, including grammar, structure, punctuation and word spelling. A degree in a related discipline is preferred. The individual must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft SharePoint, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, and Autodesk AutoCAD software, and have direct experience writing technical documents for the Government or a Government contractor and knowledge of the requirements for safeguarding classified information. The Technical Writer shall:
- Research and gather information from documents such as rough drafts and manufacturer’s manuals and/or by interviewing subject matter experts as needed to complete writing assignments.
- Format, edit, standardize, proofread and correct information and ideas written by engineers and technicians, in accordance with set standards and arrange it in an understandable and logical order.
- Enhance the clarity of material by using concise word choices and plain language as defined on http://www.plainlanguage.gov
- Recreate, manipulate, crop, resize, lighten, label and layout electronic images and graphics such as drawings, schematics and photographs to increase visibility or highlight areas of importance. Identify and acquire additional information or explanation needed to complete documentation.
- Insert tables, text boxes, schematics, diagrams, graphs, and figures into documents.
- Review publications and propose refinements to content or format.
- Track the development of technical material from the initial draft to final approval and publication.
- Maintain document version control, revision and approval records.
- Recommend and implement document standards, quality controls and content requirements.
- Security Clearance – Secret
Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. (BE) is an Information Technology and Professional Services consulting firm located in Arlington, VA. BE is a diversified high-technology services company, providing government, commercial and nonprofit agencies technology solutions and organizational management services to ensure mission success. Serving the federal sector since 1998, we base our solutions on an in-depth understanding of our clients, their mission and the unique challenges they face. BE is the winner of the 2015 Microsoft U.S. Federal Solution Partner of the Year award, a 2015 Washington Post Top Workplace and has been an Inc. 500/5000 awardee for six consecutive years.
Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is dedicated to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We are committed to crafting a workplace that endorses creativity and innovation, and promotes engagement through open communication, acceptance of new people and ideas, and a supportive team dynamic. Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is an equal Opportunity Employer –Minorities / Women / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Buchanan & Edwards is an E-Verify employer.