Do you like working with fun and innovative software that will keep you excited and interested in your day at work?
Would you like to work in a collaborative environment where sharing knowledge and ideas is not only encouraged – but expected?
If you answered yes to all the above, then you belong at Cvent!
We are looking for a Technical Writer to join our rapidly growing Technology Team. Cvent’s Technology Team is responsible for the design, development and operation of the company’s suite of cloud-based software products. We are currently engaged in a major initiative to build our next generation software platform, utilizing the most cutting edge tools and technologies.
Cvent, Inc. is a leading meetings, events, and hospitality management technology provider with more than 3,700 employees, 25,000 customers, and 300,000 users worldwide. The company is headquartered in Tysons, VA, and has office locations all over the world. Cvent has been named “2018 Top Workplace” by The Washington Post and a “Best Place to Work” by Washington Business Journal. Our employees are our most valuable assets and their passion has allowed Cvent to become the industry leader we are today.
- Creating and writing technical documents as required to support developmental and operational mission systems to include manuals, instructions, references, procedures, and descriptions
- Frequently interact with project leads, engineers, and system integrators to understand technical concepts, documentation requirements, and documentation schedules/milestones
- Utilize technical diagrams and specifications at system and component levels to establish understanding of capabilities to be documented
- Ensure technical documents meet appropriate standards for format, grammar, and spelling; tailor level of rigor for format and content depth based on direction from project leads
- Prepare charts, graphs, and diagrams as needed in technical documents; coordinate content with Subject Matter Experts (SME) for accuracy and effective communication
- Coordinate inputs from contributors, as required
- Coordinate with CM and systems engineering on multiple-use items, such as system descriptions and diagrams; maintain documentation numbering and control consistent across unit projects
- Coordinate document routing for review
- Travel as required to support projects and mission areas; may require overseas travel
- Ensure security classification guides (SCG) are followed in all technical writing activities
- Generate training material and provide SME and operator training to other contractors and operational units
Required Skills & Experience:
- Associates Degree and 4 years’ experience producing technical documents
- Experience / familiarity with related technical systems / technology / software
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Associates Degree and 8 years’ experience producing technical documents
- Some level of operational experience working with operational manuals
- Operational experience in SAAS
- Experience developing and providing operations and/or SME training
- Enterprise Architect Software and Data Management experience
- Write in a clear and concise manner with the ability to convey information appropriately for a variety of audiences
- Good understanding of rules of grammar and spelling
- Ability to comprehend mission area technical concepts and technical concepts used in capabilities with support from SMEs.
- Working knowledge of Industry documentation standards
- Proficiency with MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, and Visio
- Proficiency creating block diagrams and similar graphics used in technical documents
- Ability to work with technical professionals and project leads to produce required technical documents
- Strict adherence to security requirements and procedures
- Typing at least 50 words per minute