PDI MCS Technical Writers develop and support information products such as user guides, installation/configuration guides, technical specifications, quick-reference guides, process/procedures documents, and the like. They work to provide accurate, relevant information that helps stakeholders to accomplish their objectives.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Research and understand PDI MCS projects, products, systems, teams, policies, and processes.
- Work with project sponsors to identify target audiences and objectives.
- Develop clear and concise content that addresses audience needs.
- Obtain approval from project sponsors to publish content to authorized channels.
- Maintain the source repository.
- Look for opportunities to improve documentation deliverables.
- Learning quickly.
- Handling multiple projects and deadlines.
- Developing good working relationships with subject matter experts.
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Visio, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Preferred: Proficient with technical authoring tools such as Madcap Flare or Author-it.
- 3+ years writing software documentation.
- 1+ years writing process documentation.
- Preferred: Loyalty, point-of-sale, or fuel control systems experience.
- Preferred: Experience working with overseas software development teams.
- Preferred: PCI/PA-DSS experience.
Program of Study