Technical Writer / Editor, Atlanta, GA, US, ID# 17433
Cherokee Nation Assurance (CNA) delivers a broad spectrum of professional management consulting services to its defense, health, environmental and civilian agency clients. To assist clients in achieving their goals, CNA provides a tailored management approach for complex government programs and disciplines including health information technology, research & science, program management, communications, correspondence and document management, governance and administrative support. Wholly owned by Cherokee Nation, CNA is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies. For more company information, visit our site at www.cherokee-federal.com
CDC's mission is to promote health and quality of life by preventing and controlling disease, injury, and disability. The Division of Laboratory Systems (DLS) in the Center for Surveillance, Epidemiology, and Laboratory Services (CSELS) at CDC, was formed in 2013. The mission of DLS is to strengthen the nation's clinical and public health laboratory systems by continuously improving quality and safety, data and information science, and workforce competency. DLS provides leadership and support to enhance clinical and public health laboratory workforce through initiatives that strengthen recruitment, retention, management, communications, and training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write technical content for programs that is grammatically correct, adheres to best practices in technical writing, and complies with CDC plain language requirements.
- Edit scripts, course content, brochures, reports, and other documents related to programs to ensure the documents are grammatically correct, adhere to best practices in technical writing, and comply with CDC plain language requirements.
- Proofread scripts, course content, brochures, reports, and other documents related to the programs to ensure the documents are grammatically correct, adhere to best practices in technical writing, and comply with CDC plain language requirements.
- Provide health communication, education, writing/editing support
- Provide technical assistance with marketing and promotion.
- Provides support for internal and external partnership activities.
- Provide technical writing expertise
- Provide technical writing, technical editing, and proofreading support for
- training courses
- script development
- brochure and promotional documents
- proposals as well as status, outcome, and other report formats
- web content
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Degrees: Bachelor's Degree or higher in related field
- 5 to 7 years of working experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have Plain Language Writing Experience
- Expert in technical writing, editing and analytical skills
- Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- The environment may require prolonged sitting, prolonged standing, and light lifting up to 20 lbs.
About Cherokee Federal
Cherokee Federal - a division of Cherokee Nation Businesses - is a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies focused on building solutions, solving complex challenges, and serving the nation's mission around the globe for more than 60 federal clients. Our team of companies manages nearly 1,000 projects of all sizes across the construction, consulting, engineering and manufacturing, health, and technology portfolios.
Since 2012, the Cherokee Federal team of companies has won more than $5 billion in government contracts. Our 3,000+ employees work in 26 countries, 50 states and 2 U.S. territories.
Why choose Cherokee Federal? Visit our website and learn about the great reasons to join our team. cherokee-federal.com
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster ; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link : Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision ; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2020 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.