Our customer is Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). This lab is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in strategic science on behalf of national security. LANL enhances national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
Odyssey is looking for a Technical Writer/Editor to review and edit technical written information from Scientists and Engineers
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Will review and edit technical written information from Scientists and Engineers
• Responsible for the compilation of documents from draft to final hard copy report. “Compositor”
• Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology
• Maintain records and files of work and revisions
• Edit, standardize or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel
• Confer with client to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or a related business field required
• 5-7 years writing experience required
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills (Required)
• Ability to work independently and manage one’s time (Required)
• Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback (Required)
• Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
• Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods (Required)
• Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Los Alamos, NM, 87544
• Travel: No Travel Anticipated
• Employment Status: Full Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD. LTD, PTO, Retirement)
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.