Technical Writer / Graphics Artist
Location: Atlanta, GA
Clearance: US citizen.
Technical Writer / Graphics Artist to work with a small team responsible for building, deploying, and supporting a Big Data solution that will enable operations for a large enterprise environment. Typical duties will include development of comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards, obtaining a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into content, writing user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, developing and maintaining detailed databases of appropriate reference materials (e.g., research, usability tests, and design specifications) and evaluating current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement. Additionally, the candidate will lead the design of visual materials that enhance the team’s efforts to design and present the technical solution. In general, this will include collaborating with team members, as well as other customer departments, to produce, re-purpose, and enhance packages, reports, manuals, information sheets, proposals, presentations, illustrations, graphics, and high-priority materials for internal and external stakeholders.
2-4 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics.
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Experience working with engineering to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content.
2-4 years of related experience in design and editing o Design portfolio that reflects experience in design, editing, and coordination of collateral materials and video
- Some related experience in design, editing and coordination of collateral materials
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and MS Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Excel
- Knowledge of basic communications principles in brand management and design
- Highly adept and adaptive, with ability to learn and apply new skills quickly, particularly in the area of computer technologies, including use of editing software and scanners
- Experience or interest in international development or health field preferred
- Highly organized with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and work within a cross-functional deadline-driven environment o Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Sound judgement and independent decision-making ability
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively as a member of a team
- Ability to proactively organize and manage own work o Ability to use either MAC or PC platform
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization.
- Understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC).
- Certification through the Society for Technical Communicators.
- Experience using XML tools to create documentation.
- Provide illustrative/graphic services and carry out design assignments of a routine to moderately complex nature.
- Design and format print materials (in English and other languages) using style sheets and templates and developing branding designs.
- Produce large text documents that include imported graphics, exhibits, tables, pull-out sheets, etc.
- Utilize some creativity and independent thought in carrying out work assignments.
- Assignments and projects tend to be routine, simple, or moderately complex.
- Utilize a variety of methods such as color, type, illustration, photography, animation, and various print and layout techniques.
- Participate in the development of original designs or adaptations
- Independently solve problems encountered in the development, review, and production of customer materials
- Work with customer and other staff to develop appropriate formats/designs for content
- Organize and catalogue graphics files
- Develop templates for various deliverable covers and text, as needed.
Qualifications & Education A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or Mathematics preferred.
ABBTECH is an EOE/Minorities/Women/Disabled Individuals/Veterans